Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about what we might expect.

The only thing we know so far is that they're apparently uniting all of the messaging. I don't know if that has anything to do with KLP or not.

Anyone know anything?

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about what we might expect.

The only thing we know so far is that they're apparently uniting all of the messaging. I don't know if that has anything to do with KLP or not.

Anyone know anything?

That would be extremely welcome if true - heard its codenamed "Babble"?

I find it ridiculous there are about 5 STOCK messaging apps....give me one with video chat, messaging over wifi and your normal SMS/MMS and you've got a winner!

Also hope KLP continues the battery life fix for the Nexus 4....they solved half the issue with 4.2.2, but I still think they can do better.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Better battery life would be great, though I am pretty good

Yeah, I hear it's Babble.

The real question is... what else can we expect?

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
Search it. It's all over most tech sites. Screenshots leaked today but they turned out to be fake.

I'm already quite familiar with what Babel is, this is just my first time hearing someone speak of it. I wasn't aware people were talking about it.

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
Well it's been in the tech news quite a bit so I'm not surprised that people are talking about it.

Yeah, after doing some searching, it looks like Babel was first mentioned on geek.com a few days ago. Yeah it just catches me by surprise to it being talked about, that's all.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
I'm already quite familiar with what Babel is, this is just my first time hearing someone speak of it. I wasn't aware people were talking about it.

Gent you know more about this, wasnt you the person that knew all about 4.2.2 before release ? If its you pls share if its not a problem :)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
No. When has that ever been the case other than for Nexus devices?

The Note 2 is supposed to get it. I'm not familiar with HTC one though, may or may not.

But there have been plenty of devices that went from gingerbread to ICS. A lot of devices from Motorola, Samsung and HTC. That was about the time I got an iPhone so I don't know what went from ICS to JB, however my Motorola Xoom tablet did. It went Honeycomb > ICS > JB.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
If older phones like the Galaxy S2 got jelly bean, I'm sure things like the GS3 will get key lime pie. Samsung seem to be pretty good with their updates recently. I'd expect a 4.2.2 update for the GS3 soon.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
That would be extremely welcome if true - heard its codenamed "Babble"?

I find it ridiculous there are about 5 STOCK messaging apps....give me one with video chat, messaging over wifi and your normal SMS/MMS and you've got a winner!

Also hope KLP continues the battery life fix for the Nexus 4....they solved half the issue with 4.2.2, but I still think they can do better.

I thought babble was just Google's new unified chat service, like an upgrade to Google+

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Too bad LG is making the next Nexus according to reports.

Ugh.

Couch the nexus 4 is a great phone and you know it, i still think plenty of room for software improvements and thing like the camera are just google choices.

I expect great things from the next nesus if they go with LG again, build quality is very good.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Too bad LG is making the next Nexus according to reports.

Ugh.

The Nexus 4 is a great phone. Everyone who has one loves it. I think the only reason you hate it so much is because you got a few bad ones out of the batch. And I think the only reason for that is because they had to rush manufacturing them because they underestimated the demand.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
The Nexus 4 is a great phone. Everyone who has one loves it. I think the only reason you hate it so much is because you got a few bad ones out of the batch. And I think the only reason for that is because they had to rush manufacturing them because they underestimated the demand.

I never said I hated the phone.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Back to a few things I think klp will get....quick reply, ability to delete multiple screens, ability to change icons, gestures. Basically I think they will use a lot of features launches allow without actually needing a launcher though.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Back to a few things I think klp will get....quick reply, ability to delete multiple screens, ability to change icons, gestures. Basically I think they will use a lot of features launches allow without actually needing a launcher though.

Quick reply would be great. I was using cyanogenmod and I'm back on stock now. They implemented quick reply. I'd also like to see better battery life in the same way they did project buttery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.