Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hookahco

macrumors regular
Original poster
I personally like Marlboro lights. Me being the son of a family that owns many liquor stores (my family and its associates own over 1100 liquor stores in california) ive had the chance to try 100+ different kinds but i seem to like marlboro lights the most.. Sooo my question to you, my fellow tobacco smokers, is what brand do you smoke, why do you smoke it, and how did you decide to make it "your brand." please also include how long you have been smoking and how much you smoke (big factor..)
i smoke about 1-3 packs a day, depending on how long i am outdoors and how long im awake.. ive been smoking since i was 11 or 12 and im 18, so about 6 or 7 years..
now your turn.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I think with so many threads about quitting it's kind of irresponsible to start this one...

Smoking is not good... So much lung cancer, emphysema, heart problems, list goes on and on..

Prelude2Tragedy

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2005
New Jersey
Meh, if smoking doesn't kill you something else will(possibly sooner than later). If you enjoy smoking, don't care about the long term risks, and can afford it, why not do it? I smoke like 3 cigarettes a week and they'll all be in the same night. Just in social situations or to intensify my drunkeness at times. I generally smoke marlboro menthol lights or what ever I bum off of people. I also enjoy a good ol' pipe once in a while. Been smoking pipes for a good 3-4 years, only a few months for the cigs. Oh well.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
this is not the right attitude.

There, instead of this, should be a thread about ways to quit and what works for certain people, not which brand you puff. :(

hookahco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Phat_Pat said:
this is not the right attitude.

There, instead of this, should be a thread about ways to quit and what works for certain people, not which brand you puff. :(
im not encouraging people to smoke.. just to start a discussion about how they started. who knows.. maybe this will make people think of why they smoke and then theyll quit..

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2004
AU
Have the thought police gone away yet?
[I didn't notice their objections to the numerous threads about gluttony and drunkenness ...]

In UK, Marlboro Red
In AU & NZ, Winfield Blue

veedubdrew

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Camel Ultra Lights. I'm soooooo close to quitting though. I can go all day at work without smoking and am down to the occasional one after a stressful day at work or at a bar. I'm going to vegas in a few weeks though, which is not good for a quitting smoker lol. Oh well, we'll see.

-Drew

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
MontyZ said:
Over where? And you are so lucky to live in Vancouver. I love that city. :)

ME? Your so lucky to live in NEW YORK, I love that city. Way more exciting than Vancouver.

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
went through periods of (from most smoked to least):
Camel Lights
Pall Mall Lights
Camel Turkish Royals
Camel Turkish Golds
Pall Mall Ultra Lights
Marlboro Menthol Lights
Camel Ultra Lights (hard to find)

Fortunately I've steered relatively clear of cigarettes for the last 5 months or so. Still smoke sometimes if i drink.

I agree with the marlboro light ash tray comment. Pall Malls also taste like ash trays, but when you smoke enough of them you get used to it... nearly $2 cheaper/pack too.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
MontyZ said:
Clean, friendly, progressive ... and you won't get thrown in prison for smoking weed. :eek:
That almost sounds like New Zealand, oh wait, they do and I was.

But for an inane on topic, I smoke 20 a day, roll your own (goes with the butch image) use Port Royal (Bourbon flavoured) started when I was 9, so that's 48 years. The chest xray last week - clear as a bell. But that's about all that is. Ahhh, life is soooo good. Pauses to tamp the cone of my wee pipe.

Grey Beard

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Grew up on my mother's Marlboros, but changed to Prince, and when that got too strong, Prince Lights (Mild) when it started getting strenuous just to get up in the morning... ;) Mmm... Prince Lights...

Still, haven't had a cigarette since I stopped in May 1998. Just two and a half years of chewing nicotine gum and I kicked that habit... ;)

Now, I can go minutes without thinking of smoking... (<- The standard joke, with just a small bit too much truth to it... :eek: ;)).

XNine

macrumors 68040
I've gone through many brands, Camel, GPC, Marloboro, Black Death (they had a black skull for the logo on the cig), and many others. I'm a huge fan of Daves "reds," but those are so hard to find anymore, I'm back on Camel Filters.

Smoking's good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.