Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Hi,

I have been trying to enable 2-step verification for my iCloud Apple ID however, when I go to the security section of my Apple ID I can't see an option to enable it. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks,
Pietro

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
How did you fix it ?!

I have accounts in US and PT and none of them show the option :(

I changed my account to US. Apparently for now the feature is only available in US, UK, Ireland and a few other English speaking countries. However, it is strange you don't get the option with your US account.

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
I changed my account to US. Apparently for now the feature is only available in US, UK, Ireland and a few other English speaking countries. However, it is strange you don't get the option with your US account.

And after activating the security feature are you able to revert your account back to your native country ?

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
And after activating the security feature are you able to revert your account back to your native country ?

I'm actually still in the 3-day wait period for the feature to be activated so I think if I changed it now it wouldn't work. I will try changing it after and see what happens. I also can't see why apple would take so long to roll it out worldwide. It's not like they need to make carrier agreements. Or at least I don't think so...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.