Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OLeeWood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2013
I'm using Mac OS X 10.8.2 on an iMac and my drag function seems to just have stopped with no reason.

When I try to drag the icon doesn't even move.

I'm not sure if it's my mouse (Logitech Performance MX) or my computer, cause I'm still able to drag windows and programs...

If anyone has any idea, please let me know!

Thanks.

Nuke61

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Columbia, SC
I'm using Mac OS X 10.8.2 on an iMac and my drag function seems to just have stopped with no reason.

When I try to drag the icon doesn't even move.

I'm not sure if it's my mouse (Logitech Performance MX) or my computer, cause I'm still able to drag windows and programs...

If anyone has any idea, please let me know!

Thanks.

Check to see if you have a /tmp folder on the system drive. If it's not there, make it and then restart the computer.

corpfan1

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013
If it is not the tmp folder...it is likely the mouse.

I am on my 2nd Performance MX mouse...the 1st one lasted just about 1 year and then started "double-clicking" when I single clicked...causing a release of the click prematurely.

It is a known issue of what otherwise is a great mouse. If it is not too old, it may still be under warranty as mine was and Logitech will send you a new one free of charge.

Keep us updated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.