Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RSedan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
i'm posting this for a friend. basically, her husband's charging port is broken, apple said they couldn't fix it. he bought a DIY kit and once the phone (4) was opened, he dropped all of the screws. (lol.) turns out he accidentally opened his wife's fully functioning iphone 4s. (LOL!)

apparently they are under the impression that they have to buy all new iphones.....i'm pretty sure that if they take it to an "iFix Phones" kind of store they can resolve their problem without having to purchase all new phones, right?? any other suggestions?? i'm becoming much more interested in iphones as of lately, and even if my advice is correct, all opinions/advice is welcome. thanks!

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
i'm posting this for a friend. basically, her husband's charging port is broken, apple said they couldn't fix it. he bought a DIY kit and once the phone (4) was opened, he dropped all of the screws. (lol.) turns out he accidentally opened his wife's fully functioning iphone 4s. (LOL!)

apparently they are under the impression that they have to buy all new iphones.....i'm pretty sure that if they take it to an "iFix Phones" kind of store they can resolve their problem without having to purchase all new phones, right?? any other suggestions?? i'm becoming much more interested in iphones as of lately, and even if my advice is correct, all opinions/advice is welcome. thanks!

How did he manage to do that? Is he mentally challenged?

RSedan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
How did he manage to do that? Is he mentally challenged?

he's a man.

----------

i kid, of course...pretty sure i wouldn't find this board helpful at all if that was my true opinion. lol...idk i guess he's just not very smart...

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
he's a man.

----------

i kid, of course...pretty sure i wouldn't find this board helpful at all if that was my true opinion. lol...idk i guess he's just not very smart...

Eh, if they're due upgrades just replace them with 5's. It's a much better device.

CEO of apple

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2013
Quite
Originally Posted by RSedan
Eh, if they're due upgrades just replace them with 5's. It's a much better device.
Just don't sit on the cheap aluminum phone or you bend it too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.