Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:06 AM   #1
RSedan
macrumors newbie

broken charging port & screws mixup

i'm posting this for a friend. basically, her husband's charging port is broken, apple said they couldn't fix it. he bought a DIY kit and once the phone (4) was opened, he dropped all of the screws. (lol.) turns out he accidentally opened his wife's fully functioning iphone 4s. (LOL!)

apparently they are under the impression that they have to buy all new iphones.....i'm pretty sure that if they take it to an "iFix Phones" kind of store they can resolve their problem without having to purchase all new phones, right?? any other suggestions?? i'm becoming much more interested in iphones as of lately, and even if my advice is correct, all opinions/advice is welcome. thanks!
RSedan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:10 AM   #2
Chris092881
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSedan View Post
i'm posting this for a friend. basically, her husband's charging port is broken, apple said they couldn't fix it. he bought a DIY kit and once the phone (4) was opened, he dropped all of the screws. (lol.) turns out he accidentally opened his wife's fully functioning iphone 4s. (LOL!)

apparently they are under the impression that they have to buy all new iphones.....i'm pretty sure that if they take it to an "iFix Phones" kind of store they can resolve their problem without having to purchase all new phones, right?? any other suggestions?? i'm becoming much more interested in iphones as of lately, and even if my advice is correct, all opinions/advice is welcome. thanks!
How did he manage to do that? Is he mentally challenged?
Chris092881 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:18 AM   #3
RSedan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris092881 View Post
How did he manage to do that? Is he mentally challenged?
he's a man.

----------

i kid, of course...pretty sure i wouldn't find this board helpful at all if that was my true opinion. lol...idk i guess he's just not very smart...
RSedan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 01:43 AM   #4
Chris092881
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSedan View Post
he's a man.

----------

i kid, of course...pretty sure i wouldn't find this board helpful at all if that was my true opinion. lol...idk i guess he's just not very smart...
Eh, if they're due upgrades just replace them with 5's. It's a much better device.
Chris092881 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 09:43 AM   #5
CEO of apple
Banned

Quite
Originally Posted by RSedan
Eh, if they're due upgrades just replace them with 5's. It's a much better device.
Just don't sit on the cheap aluminum phone or you bend it too!
CEO of apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone