Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OllieDS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
So I've had My MacBook Pro for a few years now and alwas taken good care of it. The other day I had a class of Diet Coke next to my MacBook Pro and long story short the glass was knocked over and the entire big glass of Diet Coke was split all over my MacBook Pro going into almost every key. When this happened I insantly turned it upsside down and dried it, I then took off the shell and was surprised to see it was bone dry throughout. The laptop itself is absolutely fine and has had no issues, however a few keys on the Keyboard are now not working. My question is, would I just need a replacement Keyboard or would input circuits and stuff need replacing too? And if its jut a Keyboard replacement can someone give me a rough idea how much this would cost?

Thanks for any info.

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
Could you call Apple? They know. We can only guess.

Coke is acidic, so I would guess that wires need replacing as well, not just the keys. But I could be wrong.

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2013
here
what macbook are we talking about? there is a plastic layer between keyboard and inner circuits, so it should be no problem as you mentioned.

about the keyboard issues, you can disasemble and clean individual keys, look for videos bout this in you tube. it it still doesn't work, then yes, you may need a new keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.