Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
some of my settings were disabled. Apple or sprint allow to do this? I did update my phone but I didn't know settings will be changed.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
What settings disabled?
Gotta be more specific.

my data connections. Somehow I wasn't even getting 3g and when I checked it was disabled. Is this sprint or apple doing? is this even legal? Like I said I did update the IOS to the latest.

erichess22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
my data connections. Somehow I wasn't even getting 3g and when I checked it was disabled. Is this sprint or apple doing? is this even legal? Like I said I did update the IOS to the latest.

sounds more like apple did it, not your carrier.

erichess22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
I don't see why they would. They wouldn't lose any money from it while sprint would.

Maybe it's required for some app they run? I don't think your carrier has the ability to change anything about your phone. Other than limiting your access to it.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007

You're the first I've heard of this happening. Are you sure it wasn't turned off some other way?

Just turn it back on. Problem solved. :rolleyes:

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Do you mean APN Settings? If so, it is not uncommon for these settings to change after a software update. Don't panic...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.