Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
in the title, not when you open the folder ( i already have folder enhancer for that)

just on the springboard, the tiny folder icons, how to make those transparent instead of solid black?

thanks

jahoys

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Earth
sorry didn't seem to upload before. hopefully it will this time.

Attachments

• Clear folder no border.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 628

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
sorry didn't seem to upload before. hopefully it will this time.

This is awesome! I've been wanting something like this for a while. One question, the folders don't have a border (obviously as the title of the tweak says). Is there a tweak that has clear folders but with a border?

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
This is awesome! I've been wanting something like this for a while. One question, the folders don't have a border (obviously as the title of the tweak says). Is there a tweak that has clear folders but with a border?

I'm going to make one tonight. I'll upload it later.

everydayghost

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2013
Australia
Saw this thread, decided to throw a theme together quickly for transparent folders with borders :)

Attachments

• Clear Folders.theme.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 364

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Thank you everydayghost that is awesome!:D

Here's a pic. Not my usual wallpaper but wanted to show off the transparency.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.PNG
    IMG_0105.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 448

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Can you post the wall paper and how do u reflect your docked ions like that? (Without using a theme)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Sure. Without Winterboard you're gonna need to put the dock mask into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app. Make sure to rename or make a copy of original. Here is the wallpaper and mask.

Attachments

• SBDockMask@2x.png
    SBDockMask@2x.png
    490 bytes · Views: 1,415
  • 1011 copy.jpg
    1011 copy.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 262

jahoys

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Earth

if you guys want a border, just search for Clear 4.0 folders in Cydia. there's an option for with or without borders on your folder. i prefer the one without :)

Attachments

• IMG_5841.png
    IMG_5841.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 490

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Sure. Without Winterboard you're gonna need to put the dock mask into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app. Make sure to rename or make a copy of original. Here is the wallpaper and mask.

Any other way. I am not into editing my file structure.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

everydayghost

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2013
Australia
You can use either one of the themes posted, mine or ominx's. Place it in your winterboard theme directory, select it through winterboard and respring.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i'd like to make the OPEN folder background clear (or semi-transparent).
anyone know what file needs to be changed? (or another solution?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.