Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

didof993

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I have install parallels ( i bought them ) and a windows 7 on it.
I just try to play some games like Battlefield Play***** and it is always lagging.
When i start up parallels it says 1024MB physical memory while i have 8GB
Can i make it show 8GB RAM???

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
I have install parallels ( i bought them ) and a windows 7 on it.
I just try to play some games like Battlefield Play***** and it is always lagging.

Thanks

You will not get great gaming performance in Parallels as it's emulated your best bet is boot camp for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

printz

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2012
Actually it's something else, and you may be able to fix it. Look in the Parallels virtual machine settings (i.e. right-click the Windows button from the Parallels launch window, and select "settings"). You may find a location in the settings where performance is tuned either for best battery life, or best VM performance. Maximize the VM performance.

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
performance

Running 10.8.2
Par. 7
Everytime I launch it, it has a problem/yesterday is could not find WIN XP
though it is in the App section of the HD so I had to reinstall XP and it took forever...then xp wanted the damn activation code to be put in again. At that point I gave up.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
You can allocate more memory in your VM settings but you won't be able to allocate all your memory. As a rule of thumb, you'll get better gaming performance with Boot Camp since it doesn't have the overhead of a virtual solution like Parallels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.