Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dangerousmaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
So far I have had my iPhone 5 since December and it has been having really poor to no wifi at all. Once I leave the living room in my house it automatically drops wifi. We have 4 iPhone 5's in the house including mine, two old iPhone's 4 and 4s and about a week ago we got a iPod 5. Only my iPhone seems to drop wifi. In the apple store about a month ago the guy told me nothing is wrong with my phone just the router at my house. He also told me that because we have to many products trying to connect the last one to be on our router must be kicked off. iHe told me to reset it and I did. He reset the wifi settings on my phone and everything. I don't believe what he said because we just got a new iPod and it doesn't drop wifi! I still am experiencing this problem and don't know what to do. Help please.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
So far I have had my iPhone 5 since December and it has been having really poor to no wifi at all. Once I leave the living room in my house it automatically drops wifi. We have 4 iPhone 5's in the house including mine, two old iPhone's 4 and 4s and about a week ago we got a iPod 5. Only my iPhone seems to drop wifi. In the apple store about a month ago the guy told me nothing is wrong with my phone just the router at my house. He also told me that because we have to many products trying to connect the last one to be on our router must be kicked off. iHe told me to reset it and I did. He reset the wifi settings on my phone and everything. I don't believe what he said because we just got a new iPod and it doesn't drop wifi! I still am experiencing this problem and don't know what to do. Help please.

I had the same issue. Apple store replaced and now all good.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Take it to the Apple store. It's still under warranty. They'll test it out for you. If they cant solve the issue they find a way to satisfied you either by fixing the problem or giving you a replacement. Gotta love Apple customer service.

Willsonchen

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
well, it is really strange on that situation, you can go to apple store to explain this again, if it still not work, try to ask them to replace for a new one.:D

k6578

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2012
Hey give this a try and see if it helps:
1. Turn ON Airplane Mode
2. Turn OFF iPhone
3. Turn ON iPhone
4. Turn OFF Airplane Mode

Hope it works for you

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
I too had issues similar to the OP. I put off making a genius appointment for a couple of months and tried every workaround I could find on the net. Nothing helped.

I was fully prepared to plead my case to Apple, since I knew there would be no issues on their store wireless. They didn't really seem interested in hearing my detailed explanations... They just swapped my phone. The new one is perfect.

An interesting side note... before exchanging my phone, I read in the Apple discussion boards that a particular user noted that their wifi MAC address indicated the wireless chip was manufactured by Apple before their exchange, and by Intel afterward. Before my exchange, my MAC indicated an Apple manufactured wireless chip as well. The new phone's wireless MAC, however, shows as 'Unknown' on all the lookup sites I've checked. Kinda weird.

ClaraICLin

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
I had the same issue, and replacement doesnt work.

Did anyone tried the Linkase before? I saw a couple videos and it seems to resolve this problem by adding an extra antenna on iPhone5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.