Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
I ordered mine from Amazon nearly a week ago, and the estimated ship reads anywhere from today until Christmas :eek:

Apple's site still shows ship dates as 7-10 business days. That is what it has said since the launch.

If anybody has ordered a 20-incher, please let me know when you get notification that it has shipped. Many thanks. :)

lynziwow

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
CALIIFORNIA
impatiently waiting

I ordered mine the day they came out (Oct. 12th) at about 1:45 Pacific time. Ordered it online from the Apple store with the .edu discount and some extra ram, apple care, and a photo printer.

I've already recieved the apple care and the printer, but my order status for the computer still says "processing order."

so sad. if i knew it was going to take so freakin long i would have just bought it from the Apple Store. ::sigh::

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I ordered from Amazon also. You can't beat $1697, $150 mail in rebate, $30 Amazon visa coupon, $26 A9 discount, free shipping, and no tax.

Amazon Visa card - 12 months no interest, 3% rewards. Not bad.

I don't care if I have to wait a few weeks, it's worth the savings. I just wish I knew when it was going to ship. :)

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
SuperChuck said:
I ordered mine from Amazon nearly a week ago, and the estimated ship reads anywhere from today until Christmas :eek:

Apple's site still shows ship dates as 7-10 business days. That is what it has said since the launch.

If anybody has ordered a 20-incher, please let me know when you get notification that it has shipped. Many thanks. :)

Amazon just does that so that people won't get upset. They also don't show when stock comes when you pre-order an item so you won't purchase from another place.

My iPod video showed intially that I wouldn't receive it until the end of November, however a few hours ago I received information that it was now in stock and would be shipping today.

Ignore Amazon's "very conservative" shipping estimates. :)

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
I'm waiting as well. I ordered online (apple) a few days ago, then cancelled thinking I could get it faster at a retail store. I've been calling local retail stores and they all say anywhere from next week to mid next month. I got tired of all the different answers so I ended up ordering it online again. :eek:

I'm being impatient because I sold my wife's ibook and an old display to help fund the new iMac for her. She's computerless and always using mine. :p

airmouton

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2005
Well, I've got good news and bad news.

I ordered a 20" from the apple store on the first day, my order got "sent to manufacturing" on Tuesday, and then last night was listed as "shipped;" so, it looks as though the big imacs are finally shipping.

However, I checked the tracking number (fedex), and sure enough it's on its way - from Shanghai.

So be patient, the bigger wait might be after it ships:(

Uma888

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I ordered mine last friday (its been a week)

Heres my order status:

order.jpg

I dont have an apple id, so i cant log in to see the complete order history.

PS: i didnt get an order confirmation from apple, all i got was an aknowledgement email, so no money has been taken out of my account, does anyone else have this issue?

airmouton

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2005
The strange thing is, my brother ordered a 20-inch on the weekend following the announcement, and his is still shipping out same time as mine (order placed on the wednesday).

Perhaps it has something to do with whether your imac was BTO or not. Both my brother's and mine are 1.5g ram systems, and they're en route from China. Apple may be waiting to ship stock configurations until they begin arriving at local warehouses. Doesn't make much sense to me, but it's the only reason I can think of for the discrepancy...

December seems a bit late though, particularly since you ordered pretty early. I wouldn't put too much stock in apple's ship date however, as mine should arrive at my house before the date they gave me (10/26).

ipwitch

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2005
10/10/2005 - Ordered the old 20" imac
12/10/2005 - Transition to the new 20" imac
10/21/2005 - Still processing order - Estimated shipping 10/31/2005

Standard system, no BTO

Uma888

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2005
airmouton said:
The strange thing is, my brother ordered a 20-inch on the weekend following the announcement, and his is still shipping out same time as mine (order placed on the wednesday).

Perhaps it has something to do with whether your imac was BTO or not. Both my brother's and mine are 1.5g ram systems, and they're en route from China. Apple may be waiting to ship stock configurations until they begin arriving at local warehouses. Doesn't make much sense to me, but it's the only reason I can think of for the discrepancy...

December seems a bit late though, particularly since you ordered pretty early. I wouldn't put too much stock in apple's ship date however, as mine should arrive at my house before the date they gave me (10/26).

I was gunna cancell my order, but the sales rep told me long shipping times are realted to BTO, where as Stock are quicker, i was told not to cancel my order because i would have had to wait longer, apparently theres a "big" demand for them

Lanman

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2005
San Diego, Ca
Just ordered my new 20" iMac G5 from Amazon for $1699 with a $150 rebate and no tax. :)

My ship date is December 20th and the only problem with that is the deadline on submitting the rebate is "postmarked by 12/8/2005". :confused:

I called Amazon and they said it should ship in plenty of time for the 12/8 deadline. We will see......

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Well considering nobody seems to have received their 20" iMac yet, I'm guessing they are having some other issues besides high demand.

lynziwow

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
CALIIFORNIA
order sent to manufectoring!

hoo-ray!

what a pleasant surprise for Monday, my computer is being built right now!

hopefully i'll get it by Friday!

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
order0kb.jpg

Well mine says, as you can see on/before 14/11 so that's not too bad. Mine's going through finance though. Its BTO but only because I went for Wireless Keyb and Mouse.

Why do I get the feeling we're all going to be waiting til Xmas?

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I called the Regent Street Apple store about the new iMacs last week and they told me they still had the old one on display and weren't expecting to receive the new one in for approximately 2 to 3 weeks. I just wanted to see one to compare it to the previous model. Glad i didn't bother waiting. My new 'old' one is gorgeous :)

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
dietcokevanilla said:
I called the Regent Street Apple store about the new iMacs last week and they told me they still had the old one on display and weren't expecting to receive the new one in for approximately 2 to 3 weeks. I just wanted to see one to compare it to the previous model. Glad i didn't bother waiting. My new 'old' one is gorgeous :)

Yeah? I was in there a week ago last Saturday and they said a week. I wonder what the delay is?

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
Orderd on 16th ... still processing order :(

if you call apple to they give more details or is the web thing the best we get ?

Uma888

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2005
-Garry- said:
order0kb.jpg

Well mine says, as you can see on/before 14/11 so that's not too bad. Mine's going through finance though. Its BTO but only because I went for Wireless Keyb and Mouse.

Why do I get the feeling we're all going to be waiting til Xmas?

You have ordered yours 3 days after mine and getting it 3 weeks before me, i guess its the 500gb HDD's in short supply :rolleyes:

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
Well, my Amazon order still has not shipped and the 20" model is still listed as a pre-order. I called the Apple Store in Richmond and they said that they have not received 20" models, nor have they gotten any indication of when they may arrive.

What's the deal? Didn't Steve say these computers were going to be in stores the weekend after the announcement?

Uma888

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2005
SuperChuck said:
Well, my Amazon order still has not shipped and the 20" model is still listed as a pre-order. I called the Apple Store in Richmond and they said that they have not received 20" models, nor have they gotten any indication of when they may arrive.

What's the deal? Didn't Steve say these computers were going to be in stores the weekend after the announcement?

I phoned up to cancell my order :)eek: ) 3 days after i ordered and the sales rep told me that interst in the new iMac has been overwhelming (he advised me NOT to cancel, ty to him :p ), thats whats causeing the problem (me thinks)

wildflower

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2005
lynziwow said:
hoo-ray!

what a pleasant surprise for Monday, my computer is being built right now!

hopefully i'll get it by Friday!

i ordered w/in a few minutes of when you did (just before 2pm on Oct 12) & checked the order status a few minutes ago, & it STILL reads "processing order :(

mine is (or will be) the 20" with no upgrades.

when i called Apple on the 21st to ask if there were problems delaying the 20" models, the person I spoke to was evasive & wouldn't answer my question--all she would say is that all of the imacs ordered on the 12th would be shipped out on the same day. maybe there AREN'T any production problems, but when they announced the new models on the 12th, didn't they say they would start shipping the first units that week?

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
Uma888 said:
I phoned up to cancell my order :)eek: ) 3 days after i ordered and the sales rep told me that interst in the new iMac has been overwhelming (he advised me NOT to cancel, ty to him :p ), thats whats causeing the problem (me thinks)

I don't think that has anything to do with it. If it was because of overwhelming interest then lots of people would have their 20" iMac while we were still waiting. The fact is no one has them yet and there must have been some sort of problem getting them out.

Zoowatch

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
Sheffield, UK
apple has recently introduced many new hardwares

so i'd not be surprise that u only receive ur iMac about 2.5 to 3 weeks after placing ur order

this is a busy period for apple after all

if u are buying the higher-end iMac with built-to-order option... u might have to wait even longer... up to a month for the case of UK

for example BTO PowerMac Quad take 3 to 4 weeks to ship

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.