Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Right, heres the thing. iPhones battery sucks. admit it. So im now having 2 iPhones in hand, Good ol iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.2 jailbroken. When one runs out battery, i swapped phones and continue my day on the second phone. The problem? The messages and call logs are different. As in, the texts i sent in the backup phone won't appear in the primary phone. How can i keep the things synced together? As in things i do on the primary phone will also be on the backup phone, vice versa.

Last edited:

erichess22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
Right, heres the thing. iPhones battery sucks. admit it. So im now having 2 iPhones in hand, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.2 jailbroken. When one runs out battery, i swapped phones and continue my day on the second phone. The problem? The messages and call logs are different. As in, the texts i sent in the backup phone won't appear in the primary phone. How can i keep the things synced together? As in things i do on the primary phone will also be on the backup phone, vice versa.

You'd have to keep an up to date iCloud backup before the first phone dies and then get the info from iCloud on the second device. Ever think of just having a portable battery charger other than a whole new phone?

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
You'd have to keep an up to date iCloud backup before the first phone dies and then get the info from iCloud on the second device. Ever think of just having a portable battery charger other than a whole new phone?

Bought a new phone, and still have my iPhone 4 around, so why not use it? As far as i know, iCloud doesn't backup Messages and call logs right?

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Right, heres the thing. iPhones battery sucks. admit it. So im now having 2 iPhones in hand, Good ol iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.2 jailbroken. When one runs out battery, i swapped phones and continue my day on the second phone. The problem? The messages and call logs are different. As in, the texts i sent in the backup phone won't appear in the primary phone. How can i keep the things synced together? As in things i do on the primary phone will also be on the backup phone, vice versa.

iCloud will back up what you need. Although I'm with the other poster. Why not sell the 4 and buy a mophie case or something similar. Seems like a better solution than the backup/restore from iCloud.

erichess22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
Right. Thanks for the heads up. Imma try it now. Didn't know it does cuz it doesn't show that option in iClouds preferences

Yeah I had to find out the hard way. Breaking my phone. I thought I was going to loose all that but it was there. Good luck to ya!

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

So now im having some issues. Ive backed up my main phone onto iCloud and also to my Mac, what i did was restored my 2nd phone and hit "Restore from Backup" in iTunes. So now i have identical backup on both phones. But when i go into iCloud on the 2nd phone, it ask me to backup this device as well, so i will eventually end up with 2 different backups. My question is how do i share the same 1 backup across multiple devices and have them synced real time when internet connection is active (WiFI/3G)? Instead of creating different backup on 1 device? Cuz now in this setup, when i do stuffs on phone A, that *can* be copied over to phone B using a rubbish solution (Reset the phone, restore from iCloud. But i can't do that everyday of course :( )

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So now im having some issues. Ive backed up my main phone onto iCloud and also to my Mac, what i did was restored my 2nd phone and hit "Restore from Backup" in iTunes. So now i have identical backup on both phones. But when i go into iCloud on the 2nd phone, it ask me to backup this device as well, so i will eventually end up with 2 different backups. My question is how do i share the same 1 backup across multiple devices and have them synced real time when internet connection is active (WiFI/3G)? Instead of creating different backup on 1 device? Cuz now in this setup, when i do stuffs on phone A, that *can* be copied over to phone B using a rubbish solution (Reset the phone, restore from iCloud. But i can't do that everyday of course :( )

I don't believe what you want is possible.

erichess22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013

Reload it on the same back up. I don't know otherwise. Good luck.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Just tap them together!!!

Saw it on a TV commercial!!......Oh, sorry, that must be Samsung!! ( just having fun. I have an IP5 after getting rid of a Galaxy S3. Get the Mophie Juice Pak and you will have plenty of battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.