Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gryffinwings

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Looking for some games that run on Snow Leopard for my Early 2008 MacBook. I was thinking something along the lines of Diablo 1 & 2, Starcraft, etc. Would these run?

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Looking for some games that run on Snow Leopard for my Early 2008 MacBook. I was thinking something along the lines of Diablo 1 & 2, Starcraft, etc. Would these run?

Definitely. :)

Also Warcraft 3, Simcity 4, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and possibly even Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic or Empire At War.

printz

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2012
What? Can you run Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Starcraft 1 on OS X? I have their CDs and the ones which support Mac OS are for the defunct pre-Unix "classic" systems. Did Blizzard re-release them, but for OS X?

gryffinwings

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
What? Can you run Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Starcraft 1 on OS X? I have their CDs and the ones which support Mac OS are for the defunct pre-Unix "classic" systems. Did Blizzard re-release them, but for OS X?

Yeah, I just tried both Diablo 1 and 2 and both won't run and require classic, which is kinda irritating. Although I do have a PowerMac G5, so I might be able to do something with that, but I doubt it, I'm hearing I might need OS9 to run these.

Guess I will have to find other older games that works. You'd think that since they were popular that they would have ported the games to OSX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.