Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:40 PM   #1
hangingkayaker
macrumors newbie

Backing Up and Retrieve Issues

When I was backing up my files, somehow I lost all my pics and video after Set. 2012. Any idea where they could be or where I should go looking? They didn't go into the trash. Its about 600 pics.

Also, in iphoto, after retrieving what files I could from my backup, all I see are frames where the pictures should be. If I scroll through the pics I see the pic very briefly but then the frame comes back. How do I get my pics to show.

I think I really screwed up this back up thing!!
Thanks for any help.
hangingkayaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:54 PM   #2
flynz4
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingkayaker View Post
When I was backing up my files, somehow I lost all my pics and video after Set. 2012. Any idea where they could be or where I should go looking? They didn't go into the trash. Its about 600 pics.

Also, in iphoto, after retrieving what files I could from my backup, all I see are frames where the pictures should be. If I scroll through the pics I see the pic very briefly but then the frame comes back. How do I get my pics to show.

I think I really screwed up this back up thing!!
Thanks for any help.
We need more info. What did you use for backup? Time Machine?

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:35 AM   #3
hangingkayaker
macrumors newbie

Time machine and "My Book for Mac"
hangingkayaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:43 AM   #4
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Not quite sure how you got sideways here, but if the photos were backed up with Time Machine you should be able to get them back.

Open Finder and select your Pictures folder, then enter Time Machine. Now scroll back on the time line to the right until you get to a date you know the photos were all there. Then click restore.

Also, after you do this, hold down the command and option keys (both) when you launch iPhoto the first time and rebuild the iPhoto database.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store