Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 26, 2013, 03:02 AM   #1
koch
macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 Warranty question

Hi guys just wondering. I've had my iPhone 5 since launch date and over the past couple of weeks my battery has been getting worse and worse when I first got it I would be getting around 8-9 hours of just regular browsing on 3g with some light gaming and a few phone calls.

But now the phone is barely holding a charge for even 3 hours the worst was today when just on wifi with some browsing and a couple of phonecalls I only got 2 hours and 49 mins before it died.

Obviously this isn't normal but heres the problem I live in New Zealand and here we don't have an official apple store that I'm aware of so does anyone know how do I go about making a claim on the warranty some have said to call apple yet others have said to go into the carrier that I bought it from.

But from what I hear that can be rather slow and I could be left without a phone for up to a month which isn't acceptable as I need my phone for work.

If anyone has been through this could they let me know the fastest way to get this resolved?

Any help is appreciated
koch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 03:06 AM   #2
Brian Y
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by koch View Post
Hi guys just wondering. I've had my iPhone 5 since launch date and over the past couple of weeks my battery has been getting worse and worse when I first got it I would be getting around 8-9 hours of just regular browsing on 3g with some light gaming and a few phone calls.

But now the phone is barely holding a charge for even 3 hours the worst was today when just on wifi with some browsing and a couple of phonecalls I only got 2 hours and 49 mins before it died.

Obviously this isn't normal but heres the problem I live in New Zealand and here we don't have an official apple store that I'm aware of so does anyone know how do I go about making a claim on the warranty some have said to call apple yet others have said to go into the carrier that I bought it from.

But from what I hear that can be rather slow and I could be left without a phone for up to a month which isn't acceptable as I need my phone for work.

If anyone has been through this could they let me know the fastest way to get this resolved?

Any help is appreciated
Call Apple - carriers are absolutely useless with warranty claims (they don't want to know unless they can sell you a phone).
Brian Y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 03:18 AM   #3
Cody21
macrumors 6502a

Your best bet is to call Apple. If all else fails then take it back to the carrier and see what they can do.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 04:23 AM   #4
mbp17xxx
macrumors member

wrong window
mbp17xxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 04:47 AM   #5
jer04
macrumors regular

I live in Adelaide, we don't have an apple store here as well. (Getting one pretty soon tho.) Last time I had some problem with my phone I just called apple, they sent a refurbished replacement phone to me the next day and TNT came to pick up the defective one few days later after. Free of charge, tho they put a $899 hold on my credit card, which got released shortly after they sent me an email informs me that they had received the return unit.
jer04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 04:59 AM   #6
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

I d call apple first. They will run some diagnostics first and ask some questions. Like is the phone hot? Is usage time the same as standby time
viewfly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:48 AM   #7
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by koch View Post
Obviously this isn't normal
Impossible to say without knowing the exact details of your usage, your coverage, your configuration, etc. Wipe it and see if the poor battery life persists in stock form. If not it's a software/usage issue.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone