Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Mar 26, 2013, 05:31 PM   #1
cclloyd
macrumors 68000

Can't login to server app

I have server on a mac mini and server app on my MBP. When I open the server app on my MBP I try to login to the server using the short name, full name, user name, and it just won't let me log in...
cclloyd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2013, 01:06 AM   #2
jomobco
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclloyd View Post
I have server on a mac mini and server app on my MBP. When I open the server app on my MBP I try to login to the server using the short name, full name, user name, and it just won't let me log in...
I believe you have to use the server app on the computer that has the server software installed. I use back to my mac to remote in and then make adjustments through the server app which is installed on the server.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Zjef
macrumors newbie

The user you use to login with, does he has the privileges to administer the server? Next to that, do you allow remote login (can be set with the server app on the server) on the server.

Success.
Zjef is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking