Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
And I mean actual games. Not "Angry Birds Clone 49" or "City/Village/Kingdom builder 48"

Freemium is ok, but keep the prices reasonable. Glu games are horrid with their IAP. You literally cannot advance in Contract Zombie Killer 2 unless you pay money.

I've already bought a ton of games from the app store, I just can't seem to get interested in any of them. If I have to buy a game, please keep it cheap.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I like RPGs, shooters, platformers, I like a lot of games.

I will say I'm not a fan of infinity blade. I want a game in which you can move around and explore the word, not be stuck on rails.

I consider myself somewhat of an old school gamer. Sega consoles are my absolute favorites.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Just tried Dead Trigger last night -- had to get my 12yo to show me how to turn (I'm old). It's a freemium first person zombie shooter, but I don't know yet how much you get to play without paying.

Do you like racing games? Real Racing 3 is freemium, but I happen to know you can play a looong time without paying, if ever.

Regards,
Tom

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
I always find it worth it to drop .99 cents on a good game. Freeium and the alternatives never do it for me. You'll be missing out on amazing games like: Infinity Blade, battle heart, and even anthill. Those are just some of my personal favorites, but I haven't found a free game I've really appreciated yet. Edit: You don't like infinity blade? Thats fair it was super repetitive. Battleheart sounds like its more up your ally then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.