Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kclark

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Need a little advice/help in deciding whether to jump ship after 13 years with Sprint and go to Verizon. I will be moving 5 iphones (3 5's and 2 4's) and 3 basic phones. I would have to pay Sprint about $1,200 for ETF's. But I would bet $1,200 on trade in to Verizon. So that is about a wash. I would just have to pay for new phones.

Any advice from experience would be greatly appreciated.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Need a little advice/help in deciding whether to jump ship after 13 years with Sprint and go to Verizon. I will be moving 5 iphones (3 5's and 2 4's) and 3 basic phones. I would have to pay Sprint about $1,200 for ETF's. But I would bet $1,200 on trade in to Verizon. So that is about a wash. I would just have to pay for new phones.

Any advice from experience would be greatly appreciated.

With an account that big your probably better off moving line by line and selling the old device on eBay. Make more of your money back that way. I would do it before the upcoming iPhone that way you maximize your return to cover that hefty ETF.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Why not force roam the phones on VZW and get them you kick you off their network without ETF? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.