[Resolved] How to use the built-in microphone, when using 3.5 mm headset. - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:09 PM   #1
ikibbq
macrumors newbie

How to use the built-in microphone, when using 3.5 mm headset.

I had the following problem on the macbook pro 15 with retina:
when i plugged in a 3.5 mm headset, it replaced the microphone in the sound settings in the system preferences as the audio input. but I wanted to use the built-in microphone, as my headset broadcast my computer sounds in Skype calls and built-in mic was much better than headset.
I've googled a lot and found on this forum similar issues and didn't find solutions. But invented it myself: I plugged the headset in 3.5 mm extension, which transfers only the outgoing sound. most of the 3.5 extensions work so: only 2 channel output. Mountain Lion don't identify headset as headset, but as headphones and built-in microphone is not replaced with external.
I hope this helps someone.
ikibbq is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion