Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
There are clearly apps which suffer from the small screen size.

However, even though I have an LTE iPad, I don't carry it with me daily. The iPhone is ALWAYS on me except when charging at home. So, for the most part, my apps are on both devices. Though fluff (games) seldom get a chance to be used when out an about.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Only games on my iphone are running games, Temple run 2, Oz, brave. Subway surfers. The rest are musics and social apps.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I have some of the same apps on both. Of course, some are better suited for each device. I do like how much better the iPhone apps look on the retina screen when they are at 2x. I went from an original iPad to the 3rd gen. When the first gen ran iPhone apps they looks very pixelated.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I definitely have a segregation of apps/content. I no longer have any video content on my iPhone, and I don't have any music/podcasts on my iPad (mini). About the only games I use on my iPhone are a solitaire game and a backgammon game for which I haven't bothered to spring for the HD version because each time the game hands me my a$$ I'm pretty sure it's cheating, and if you think for one second I'm gonna give some cheating ba$tar....

Where was I? Oh, yeah, games. I use the iPad for a handful of "big screen" games (racing, flying, shooting...).

I also have a number of writing/notetaking/drawing apps on the iPad that practically wouldn't make sense on the iPhone.

Regards,
Tom

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
A few the same, but also many different ones. iBooks only on my iPad Mini because it's the perfect size and I could never picture myself reading on my iPhone 5.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I have a core set of about 8 apps that I have on both. In fact for ease of use and speed, I have the first home screen on each identically configured.

That's where the Mini and iPad 4 begin and end when it comes to apps. I use them for different purposes, therefore there's no need for more mirroring than those eight.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
I have some of the same apps on both. But the more "advanced" apps i keep on the iPad only. More advanced games for example. I keep just the simple games on the iPhone mostly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.