Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

genewarner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
I was syncing iTunes to my MacBook Pro (10.6), when I started importing songs from a CD at the same time, and I think I caused a problem. The syncing appeared to stop progressing at Step 2 of 6. It says it's "backing up", but I'm not seeing any progress. It stayed at this step for more than an hour while I worked on other things, and finally I ejected my iPhone, despite the fact that it was still apparently syncing (or thinks it was). I restarted both iTunes and my iPhone, then reattached the iPhone via USB, and it automatically started syncing again, going to Step 2 and apparently sticking at that point again. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I was syncing iTunes to my MacBook Pro (10.6), when I started importing songs from a CD at the same time, and I think I caused a problem. The syncing appeared to stop progressing at Step 2 of 6. It says it's "backing up", but I'm not seeing any progress. It stayed at this step for more than an hour while I worked on other things, and finally I ejected my iPhone, despite the fact that it was still apparently syncing (or thinks it was). I restarted both iTunes and my iPhone, then reattached the iPhone via USB, and it automatically started syncing again, going to Step 2 and apparently sticking at that point again. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Restart both your computer and iPhone, then try again.

genewarner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Thanks. I did that and when I connected my iPhone, iTunes automatically started syncing again and apparently stalled at that same Step 2 of 6 part of the process.

genewarner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
After trying myriad things, some more than once, I finally de-installed and reinstalled iTunes, and it's all good now. Somehow iTunes must have become corrupted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.