Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today rolled out a new advertising theme for the iPad on its website, highlighting a number of reasons why people love their iPads. The campaign follows on a similar one for the iPhone that launched a couple of weeks ago.

whyyoullloveanipad.jpg
The 'Why iPad' pages mention positive J.D. Power rankings for the device, percentages of companies and school districts using the iPad, the 300,000 apps available for the iPad, the quality of the materials used in building it, the Retina display for the iPad as well as the smaller size of the mini, 10-hour battery life, and the two cameras built into the devices.

It's unclear why Apple waited to launch the 'Why iPad' page rather than launching it simultaneously with the companion iPhone page. The campaigns seem to be in response to an advertising blitz from Samsung that has shown some gains for the company in the past year.

Article Link: Apple Launches New 'Why You'll Love an iPad' Web Campaign

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
I bet at least one person complains about the "Two brilliant displays." text and references the iPad Mini's non-retina display.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Why iPad ?

Why make this terrible ad?

Apple rocks at hardware so at least they know their strengths.

Software apple is pretty bad. iCloud sucks, iTunes is meh, iOS 6 meh, maps, etc.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i love how apples marketing always makes it seem like their customers are idiots and need everything spelt out for them :D

my favorite is still "this is my thumb ... and it goes from here ... to here"

looking forward to their first apple tv ad already. "this is the brand new apple tv, it comes with a 42 inch screen which you can use for watching movies and tv shows among other incredible things like watching live television"

Davmeister

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2009
London
Once again, one of the most important parts has been left to the bottom of the ad page.

Where do I go if I drop my Nexus anywhere in the world?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 21.19.46.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 21.19.46.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 354

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I have the ipad and ipad mini (which most of us do)...and the iphone5, the imac, and the mac book air, ....what I need is a good reason to buy something new! And the last 3 months there hasn´t been any of that. Time for apple to makes something that want us to throw more money at them :D ...tv? iwatch? some other cool stuff...sadly I dont believe we´ll see any of this, it´s unlikely products.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Why iPad ?

Software apple is pretty bad. iCloud sucks, iTunes is meh, iOS 6 meh, maps, etc.

Are you on crack?

What sucks about iCloud?
What is meh about iTunes?
What is meh about iOS 6, maps, etc.?

If you're going to make a statement, back it up with some specifics, or you're just wasting everybody's time.

My experience with iCloud, iTunes, iOS 6, and maps is amazing. Never have things worked so well together and offered up such a rich, engaging experience. The demands that consumers are putting on Apple these days is getting out of control. Appreciate the beauty of engineering you are holding in your hand!

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Speak of the devil I just got spammed by apple

Or they sent you a marketing email because you're signed up to their marketing mailing list? Big difference, friend. A single click on your part will change that relationship. Or is it easier to complain about spammers than clean up your relationships?

----------

I'll take this as iPad and iPad mini updates are not going to happen next month.

It's only April. Is the current iPad and iPad mini not performing well for you?

----------

Can we just go back to rumors rather than boring apple news?

How about you go for a walk instead of hanging out at MacRumors? :p

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
My experience with iCloud, iTunes, iOS 6, and maps is amazing. Never have things worked so well together and offered up such a rich, engaging experience. The demands that consumers are putting on Apple these days is getting out of control. Appreciate the beauty of engineering you are holding in your hand!

iTunes match on the other hand...

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
iPad mini display is...subpar compared to iPad 4.

But according to Appl there's no difference...until they release the retina version and tout how much better it is.

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
Why iPad ?

If you hate everything apple is doing, then it's time for you to move on. There are plenty of those gimmicky features you might love in the GS4. Some of us actually don't jump onto the media bandwagon and enjoy the products as they are.

bandalay

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Canada
Man that's some bad copy. What happened to the playful language?

This appears to have been written by an algorithm.

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012
i love how apples marketing always makes it seem like their customers are idiots and need everything spelt out for them :D

my favorite is still "this is my thumb ... and it goes from here ... to here"

looking forward to their first apple tv ad already. "this is the brand new apple tv, it comes with a 42 inch screen which you can use for watching movies and tv shows among other incredible things like watching live television"

"i love how apples marketing always makes it seem like their customers are idiots and need everything spelt out for them :D" statements such as this is another reason why the down vote should NOT have been removed.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
[/COLOR]

It's only April. Is the current iPad and iPad mini not performing well for you?

I bought a iPad mini when they came out but I'm not using it as much as I thought I would over my iPad 3. The size is great but I'm just not a fan of the non-retina screen. So I'm ready to hand it off to my mother (to replace an original iPad) and get a iPad Mini with Retina. Or if they reduce the size/weight of the full size iPad enough I may just go that route and consolidate and hand down the iPad 3 as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.