Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyd409

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
I need to replace my music server. I use a 2009 MacBook (white) as a music server to 3 Airport Expresses.

I want to use the MacBook for something else because I can run 10.5.x on it, and I am considering replacing it with my 2011 11 Inch 1.6 Ghz, 4MB MacBook Air (and replacing that MB Air with a new one)

What I am wondering is would this work long-term. Are there any longevity issues with the flash drive when being used constantly for about 6 hours daily and 12 - 18 hours per day on weekends.

Thanks,

Andy

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
There could be an issue because you (I assume) are writing and rewriting to the drive to get the music perfect. But by the time that matters, the new SSD market will have expanded so much that these SSDs will be cheap and easy to find, so you could just replace it. Now, do you think the Air is powerful enough?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Other than leaving a permanent imprint of the keyboard on the screen if used in clamshell mode constantly, u should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.