Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applexeater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
I have an iPad 1G, which is quickly becoming outdated, with apps constantly crashing and sloooow... everything. I also have the latest iPod Classic, which I love for it's memory and use probably more than my cell phone. The main thing drawing me to the iTouch is the fact that it has a camera (I don't own one), which I can use for taking pictures Skype, etc. Also, I like the portability and, quite frankly, the fact that it's practically an iPhone without the phone. I forsee myself using it at school a lot. Another detail is that I'm not allowed to bring any wifi-capable iDevices to my room (yes, I'm a teenager with strict parents), so I would probably keep my old iPod so I could still listen to podcasts at night. My main question is whether it's worth it or not to buy the new iPod touch when I already have the other two devices. Thanks in advance!

applexeater

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
Oh, and one more thing: I would be spending my own money on this. So, I'm just looking for a second opinion before I spend half of my savings on this thing.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
all your 3 devices wont be overlapping, thats good.

Ipad 1 now is pretty much only good for web surfing alone. Ipod classic for pure music, Ipod touch 5 for games, take photos & video.

Get it.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
For a while I had 2 iPod Touch 5 gen. I had bought the 32Gb which was too small, so I bought the 64Gb version also - I sold the first one and just use the 64 in the house as outside I use the new Nano or my shuffle.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
I have an iPad 1G, which is quickly becoming outdated, with apps constantly crashing and sloooow... everything. I also have the latest iPod Classic, which I love for it's memory and use probably more than my cell phone. The main thing drawing me to the iTouch is the fact that it has a camera (I don't own one), which I can use for taking pictures Skype, etc. Also, I like the portability and, quite frankly, the fact that it's practically an iPhone without the phone. I forsee myself using it at school a lot. Another detail is that I'm not allowed to bring any wifi-capable iDevices to my room (yes, I'm a teenager with strict parents), so I would probably keep my old iPod so I could still listen to podcasts at night. My main question is whether it's worth it or not to buy the new iPod touch when I already have the other two devices. Thanks in advance!

haha, I hear ya on the strict parents. The only issue is that the iPad is much better for surfing the web and all. Have you considered replacing your iPad with an iPad mini? Only $30 more and that way you can keep the iPod. Eh, I guess the iPad cant be brought to school probably... The 5th gen is actually pretty sweet. I am not a fan of the 4th gen still being sold it is way underpowered for iOS 6 and it has easily breakable flimsy hardware too (I fix them for people, they are built like **** compared to the new ones and especially compared to iPhones)

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Walmart is selling the Mini for $299 16gb. If you need more space or want smallish size, get the Touch 5. Otherwise my recommendation is the Mini, just be careful with the screen resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.