Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Mar 28, 2013, 07:04 PM   #1
majordude
macrumors 68020

Plugin for Shadows?

I need a Photoshop plugin that will simply make drop shadows. Not "behind" the image but underneath it like it's off the ground and the sun is above it. Any suggestions?

Like under these iPhones or even as if the phones were hovering in the air: http://images.apple.com/home/images/...phone_hero.jpg
majordude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Drop shadows can do that, just not off the main image. What you have to do is take your main image, preferably cut out and freestanding, and place it at the top of a layer stack. Make your background white, then add another layer in underneath your main image. Then, take a white brush (so it doesn't show up against the background), and draw the shape out you want to cast a drop shadow from. For a shadow like that, you'll see something with tapered edges (look up how to do that with the pen tool on Google). All you have to do from there is adjust your shadow to taste by playing with the settings.

...it's kinda funny that this is almost exactly the same solution as that other guy I tried helping out in PS a little while back.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 07:26 PM   #3
turtlez
Banned

just paint it in with a soft brush or use the elipse select tool, fill it with shadow colour pixels then blur it or feather the selection before filling it. Personally i'd go with the elipse tool, fill, blur for more previewed results.
turtlez is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics