Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Do you crank it up or are you cautious?

I am in the habit of listening later in the evening (when it's generally quiet), and usually listen at just 3 or 4 button clicks up from 0.

Maybe a click or two higher if I'm listening in the day.

What about you?

Glickmandan

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2013
Do you crank it up or are you cautious?

I am in the habit of listening later in the evening (when it's generally quiet), and usually listen at just 3 or 4 button clicks up from 0.

Maybe a click or two higher if I'm listening in the day.

What about you?

well, very similar, but i don't often listen to music at night.

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Wow, really? I thought I was listening at an exceptionally low volume.

Anyone admit to cranking up the volume with headphones?

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
When jogging/ exercising, I usually put the headphones at about 40%. If its late at night and I'm watching a movie or listening to music, I wish there was a lower volume setting available and often find myself fighting to get the volume slider just a hair above mute.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
As low as possible, but loud ambient noise, like the subway, cause me to jack it up a bit higher then I prefer.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I knew a guy who used to listen to the TV very softly, I don't know if he could really listen to it or he just used it for background noise, or was he just showing off how good his ears was. ANNOYING! :rolleyes:

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Wow, really? I thought I was listening at an exceptionally low volume.

Anyone admit to cranking up the volume with headphones?

Yup, full volume pretty much whenever I'm listening with the exception of when I'm at work. (shrugs) It's cool, I'm from the 80's, if a merry-go-round couldn't kill me loud music doesn't have a chance.

ohforf

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
UK
Yup, full volume pretty much whenever I'm listening with the exception of when I'm at work. (shrugs) It's cool, I'm from the 80's, if a merry-go-round couldn't kill me loud music doesn't have a chance.

I am so going to use that quote!!

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Being a fully functional male specimen whos testosterone levels are at peak condition, I of course listen to it loud.

OONTS OONTS OONTS OONTS OONTS OONTS....

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
The UK volume limit has visual feedback as well? Had no idea...

Yes, not sure if it's UK only or worldwide?

audio-iphone-volume-620.jpg

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Yes, not sure if it's UK only or worldwide?

Never seen that with any of my NZ devices...

Personally I usually have it about 1/3 of the way up (which is probably a different scale compared to the UK one!). Occasionally I'll have it up higher; a couple of orchestral CDs are comparatively quiet so I need to have it up about halfway for those.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.