Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackfood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2013
As topic, should i remain 4.3.3 or upgrade to 6.1.2 for ipod touch 4g?

Because i knew that once upgraded, i cannot downgrade.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Do you want to run apps or do you want a quick device? You can have one, but not both. Many apps now require at least iOS 5, so good luck if you choose to stay at 4.3.3.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
iOS 4 on the iPod touch 4 is much smoother and overall better then iOS 6 on it due to the limited amount of ram. However some AppStore apps are starting to require iOS 4 and above, so if that is a deal breaker for you, I'd update to iOS 6. My jailbroken iPod touch 4 iOS 6 runs fairly smooth (mainly only use two tweaks however, pandora downloader and zephyr). It really depends on if you use the latest and greatest apps.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Since I mainly use my iPod Touch for Movies, Music and iMessage. I think iOS 6 is much better. I upgraded mine from iOS 5 and I much prefer the ability to iMessage from my iPhone's number so all my devices are synced when I message.

If you want to use lots of apps though iOS6 is really short on the RAM. It's no longer worth it as a app heavy device on the current OS.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
You should save your 4.3.3 blobs with redsn0w/iFaith so you can always downgrade if you decide you don't like iOS 6.

liangxyz

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2013
yeah,i think so,. I think iOS 6 is much better. I upgraded mine from iOS 5 and I much prefer the ability to iMessage from my iPhone's number so all my devices are synced when I message
eh

brigante

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
A little late, but let me drop my 35 cents. :) I downgraded a spare iphone 4 from 6.1.3 to 4.3.3, as i realized that cydia had saved my 4.3.3 blobs when i first jailbreaked, some 2 years ago.
And let me tell you... i forgot how fast this phone used to be. I found some old ipa files i did backups of (facebook, messenger, ibooks, some games etc) and it runs like a charm. Facebook had become unusable from the recent updates. The only things i miss are the notification center and the lack of a few usefull apps for which i've been unable to find old versions of. Oh, and the native ipod and phone apps are miles ahead (speaking in terms of design); they just fit the rest of the os just perfect. Why oh why did they have to change 'em...
So my advice is the same as the one the guy ahead of me gave you: stay at all cost !

PS: And all jokes aside, Safari IS way faster.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
As topic, should i remain 4.3.3 or upgrade to 6.1.2 for ipod touch 4g?
I think the bottom line is... Are there apps you want to run or features of iOS that need a later version of iOS than you are currently running?

If 4.3.3 isn't hindering your use of your iPod Touch, leave it alone.

Adam1812

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2013
IOS 6 is crap, ios 4 has a lot of great theme That is the only reason why i choose ios 4. IOS 4 THE BEST. Ios 6 NOOB ****

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.