iPod Touch 5G running slow? RAM problems? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Director Of NIA
macrumors newbie

iPod Touch 5G running slow? RAM problems?

Well it's just really slow for some reason. I downloaded this app that lets me monitor the RAM usage. If I delete everything from the multitasking menu, then the free memory goes up to around 35% - 40%. However, if I have more than three apps open, the free memory immediately drops down to below 5%. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

*Salas, no it's not jailbroken. Today I deleted all the apps from the multitasking menu and opened up Metalstorm only, then I did the same with my iPad 2, which has the same CPU, GPU, and RAM. When I checked the RAM monitor afterwards, iPod was below 5% again, while the iPad was around 20%. Should I take my Ipod in to an Apple Store?

*Racoonboy, I turn it off every night. I don't know if this is true - I'm just speculating, but I think the problem was caused by the case I bought. Maybe it caused overheating, and this caused the iPod to slow down.

Last edited by Director Of NIA; Apr 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Director Of NIA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:33 PM   #2
salas2324
macrumors member

Jailbroken? If so, what tweaks do you have. Also what apps do you have that might be running all the time
salas2324 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Thetonyk123
macrumors 68000

I doubt the apple store would do anything, try to hard reset your device. That usually refreshes the ram. (Hard reset does not erase anything and you hold lock & home button down until the apple logo appears, ignoring the slide to power off)
Thetonyk123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:14 PM   #4
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

For all i know, Ipod 5 and ipad 2 has same ram 512mb which should be plenty. I hardly experienced force close on my Ipad and there is no obvious lag or stutter on games.

Ipod is a lot smaller device but retina might eat up more ram, i dont know. Still it should be plenty to move around because my iphone4 is the same ram and worse cpu.

Maybe u should turn it off and on once in awhile.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch