Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Mar 29, 2013, 01:49 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Vine Updated with Web Embeds, Third Party Sharing on Facebook and Twitter

Twitter has updated Vine for iOS, adding a feature that allows Vine users to embed their videos on web pages. The embed option, which is located in the app, can be used for self-created videos and for videos created by others. Embeds can also be done via the Vine.co webpage assigned to Vines on the internet.

Video sharing offers two stylistic choices, including "Simple," which is a borderless video displayed at full resolution and "Postcard," which is the standard Vine look.

Vine users can also share other users' Vine videos on Facebook and Twitter with the newest version of the app, as long as the videos have been previously shared by those who created them. Finally, the update includes a number of bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Quote:
-Now you can share posts by others to Twitter or Facebook, or embed them on the web.
-Fixed an issue that caused the camera to freeze when starting a new recording
-Resolved a bug that that caused the camera to record without touching the screen
-Other minor fixes and performance improvements
Vine can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Vine Updated with Web Embeds, Third Party Sharing on Facebook and Twitter
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 02:51 PM   #2
zorinlynx
macrumors 68030

Vine still needs a true web interface. I'm not sure why they haven't bothered with one.
zorinlynx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Sankersizzle
macrumors 6502a

I still have absolutely no idea what Vine is or it's function. Anytime I see one I have no idea what's going on.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4
filmantopia
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankersizzle View Post
I still have absolutely no idea what Vine is or it's function. Anytime I see one I have no idea what's going on.
You should just download the app and check it out. Try to make a few. It's been nearly life-changing for me considering how much I use it. A lot of fun.
filmantopia is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 05:59 PM   #5
designgeek
macrumors 65816

I just updated and now none of the videos will load.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion