Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Mar 29, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Boob
macrumors member

Desktop Website

For some reason I can't access the desktop view of Justin.tv on my iPad. Try it guys. No matter how many times I click full site/refresh it keeps me stuck on the mobile version.

Same with twitter. Does anyone know how to access the full site and not mobile versions?
Boob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Dav1
macrumors 6502

Settings | Safari | set Accept cookies to Always, end Safari on the task bar and restart Safari, you can then get to the desktop site, but you'll need flash for it to be useful...
Dav1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 01:18 PM   #3
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boob View Post
For some reason I can't access the desktop view of Justin.tv on my iPad. Try it guys. No matter how many times I click full site/refresh it keeps me stuck on the mobile version.

Same with twitter. Does anyone know how to access the full site and not mobile versions?
Could be a site encoding issue. They may not have put in a way for you to opt over to the desktop version if you are on a mobile device.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Dav1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
Could be a site encoding issue. They may not have put in a way for you to opt over to the desktop version if you are on a mobile device.
Nope. Try it, http://www.justin.tv/
If you have cookies set to always you can reach it...
Dav1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 02:17 PM   #5
tekboi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

It works for me. try the above suggestions
tekboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:30 AM   #6
Boob
macrumors member

For those that can access the full site, what do your safari settings look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1 View Post
Settings | Safari | set Accept cookies to Always, end Safari on the task bar and restart Safari, you can then get to the desktop site, but you'll need flash for it to be useful...
I already had the cookies set to always. I even disabled and enabled it back and restarted safari like you said but I'm still stuck with the mobile site no matter how many times I click full site.

I'm always stuck with this link
www.justin.tv/mobile/iphone_promo#/
Boob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2013, 05:57 PM   #7
bmcgrath
macrumors 65816

There are a few websites out there that see Safari on iOS string and do not allow you to view anything other than the mobile/tablet version of that page. Very frustrating!
bmcgrath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2013, 06:00 PM   #8
MauerFan
macrumors regular

Quote:

You could always try the JTV app. It's $4.99 though. Otherwise try the suggestions that have been listed above.

Justin TV
MauerFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2013, 06:35 PM   #9
iThinkergoiMac
macrumors 68030

Or just use Chrome. You can use it to request the desktop version, which has never failed for me.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 09:52 AM   #10
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Or any browser that allows you to specify the user agent.
takeshi74 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad