Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordromanov01

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
I've seen a lot about not being able to downgrade back from iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone 4S & 5.

People said it was possible to do so with an A4 device (iPhone 4) as it's possible to save the SHSH blobs or whatever they are called.

I just tried to save mine with TinyUmbrella and it told me Apple is no longer signing that. What gives? How can I save mine so that I can get back to 6.1.2 if anything goes wrong?

nabechu

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2008
You can only save the SHSH blobs for the firmware that Apple is currently signing, in this case 6.1.3. Since 6.1.2 is no longer being signed, you can't save them.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I've seen a lot about not being able to downgrade back from iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone 4S & 5.

People said it was possible to do so with an A4 device (iPhone 4) as it's possible to save the SHSH blobs or whatever they are called.

I just tried to save mine with TinyUmbrella and it told me Apple is no longer signing that. What gives? How can I save mine so that I can get back to 6.1.2 if anything goes wrong?

Download the latest version of iFaith (v1.5.6) and run it. Plug in your iPhone 4 and click "show available shsh caches on server". After it finds any shsh blobs, if any, save them.

See if it marks them as valid or not. If its not valid, don't downgrade/upgrade with that shsh blob or else it'll put your device into a DFU loop (or so I heard)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.