Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewBench

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I have brand new iPhone 5. I also have a jailbroken iPad 4. On my iPhone 5 I have the Sky Go app which streams live tv to the iPhone. I can't use this app on my iPad as it will not allow me to use the app directly on a jailbroken device.

Is it possible to stream from my iPhone 5 to my iPad 4 to take advantage of the bigger screen? I would like to stream footage (and audio) from the iPhone to the iPad. To be clear, my iPhone is not jailbroken and my iPad is.

Possible, or not?

puertorioninja5

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Alabama
I have brand new iPhone 5. I also have a jailbroken iPad 4. On my iPhone 5 I have the Sky Go app which streams live tv to the iPhone. I can't use this app on my iPad as it will not allow me to use the app directly on a jailbroken device.

Is it possible to stream from my iPhone 5 to my iPad 4 to take advantage of the bigger screen? I would like to stream footage (and audio) from the iPhone to the iPad. To be clear, my iPhone is not jailbroken and my iPad is.

Possible, or not?

Not sure if possible (I don't have access to an iPhone currently).

However I use a jailbroken iPad myself and I use the RedBox Instant app in the U.S. which blocks the app from opening on jailbroken devices. There is a Cydia tweak by the name of xCon that should fix this - it worked for me on the RedBox app at least :D

Last edited:

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Since your iPad is jailbroken, you could try downloading AirServer from Cydia. It costs $5, but it'll turn your iPad into an AirPlay receiver that your iPhone will recognise. That should allow you to stream from your iPhone to your iPad. But first try the xCon app (mentioned by puertorioninja5) as it is free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.