Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sradja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
I am trying to open steam on my mac but when i am trying to open steam it appears on my dock for less than a second and then disappears and does nothing. I reinstalled steam, I used disk utility (repair) but still nothing. Could you please help.
I have to notice than this happened after the last update of steam completed (?).

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Steam is working fine over here. However, I did have a similar problem some time ago in Windows.

If I remember correctly, I had to uninstall Steam, then delete ALL remaining Steam files and registry entries. After that I just did fresh install and it worked again.

In OS X, Steam is located in Library/Application Support/Steam.

Word of caution: Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common folder contains your downloaded games, so I'd recommend to make a back up of that folder, before doing anything.

Also, be sure to empty the Trash to completely remove the files.

If you are unsure about this, best to contact support.:)

sradja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
I am afraid that is not working for me. I've tried many 'methods' but still nothing (including yours).
I also click steam on MacOs folder (osx32) and this message appeared

ast login: Sun Mar 31 15:45:15 on ttys000
iRadja:~ srantavellas$ /Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/osx32/steam ; exit;
[2013-03-31 15:52:23] Startup - updater built Mar 25 2013 21:40:05
found breakpad via in process memory: '/Applications/Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/Frameworks/Breakpad.framework/Versions/A/Resources'
Installing breakpad crash handler
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
SteamID: 0, universe Public
[2013-03-31 15:52:23] Checking for update on startup
Killed: 9
logout
I sent (support) a message on 27th and I am still waiting for a reply ....

yossiri

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
I am having the same problem.
Did you already know how to do?

Please, I want to play a game so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.