Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:28 AM   #1
lcseds
macrumors 6502

Does the rMBP 13" do okay with Aperture/LR?

I'm looking for a portable to do some photo editing and storing. Probably will settle on Aperture or Lightroom with the NIK plug ins. Last time I ran Aperture on a macbook 13" (like a 2006 model), the fan wound up pretty good and stayed running the whole time with Aperture. Not a pleasant experience. Has anyone noticed a lot of fan activity on the 13" when running either of these apps? Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:59 AM   #2
salacious
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcseds View Post
I'm looking for a portable to do some photo editing and storing. Probably will settle on Aperture or Lightroom with the NIK plug ins. Last time I ran Aperture on a macbook 13" (like a 2006 model), the fan wound up pretty good and stayed running the whole time with Aperture. Not a pleasant experience. Has anyone noticed a lot of fan activity on the 13" when running either of these apps? Thanks.
i have a 2011 macbook pro 13" early 8gb ram, 750gb seagate momentus hybrid, and it runs fcpx, aperture same time fine...
salacious is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography