Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:27 PM   #1
x2thaz
macrumors newbie

Differences between Straight Talk or Net10 (Tmo sim) and T-mobile...

I have been hearing that ST has stopped selling AT&T sim cards and now selling T-mobile sim for ST. I was curious to know if there is a difference between ST or Net10 (T-mobile sim) and T-Mobile? Is the coverage the same for voice and data? I know the price plan for ST is unlimited everything with data being throttled 1.5-2GB for $45 a month , Net10 is $50 and T-Mobile has a plan for $60 a month for 2GB of data. I wanted to know your thoughts on which company to get since they all use T-Mobile towers, FYI I have an iphone 5 and would love to get faster internet on it.

When I had ST with a AT&T I would get the 4G icon on my phone and get pretty good data speeds, but when using Net10 with a T-Mobile sim i only get 3G and edge and data would be horrible where I couldnt even use google maps. Any thoughts?
Thanks
x2thaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 01:51 PM   #2
CEmajr
macrumors 68020

For the best experience using Tmobile towers you need to get the new iPhone 5 model that they will be selling on April 12th. The current iPhone can only connect to 3G in places where Tmobile has refarmed the network so coverage would be very spotty in many areas and the building penetration on the refarmed network is pretty bad.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Demonface
macrumors 6502a

Instead of getting a ST T-Mobile sim why not get Go Smart Mobile. Its the same 45.00 as ST and you get about 5GB of 3G or high speed internet.
Demonface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:37 PM   #4
x2thaz
macrumors newbie

Well I just bought the iPhone 5 less than 4 months ago and would hate to get a newer one just to fully use Tmo speed if there is alternatives.
Gosmart mobile runs on tMobile so how is that compared to tMobile service itself?
How is gosmart mobile different from tMobile besides the price plan?
x2thaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:08 PM   #5
cutienoua
macrumors member

ST has better coverage because of roaming!
cutienoua is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone