Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fsalvio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro (Mid 2010).
I've tried to install the Mac OS X Mountain Lion after formatting the disk using the disk utility and the following error had occurred:

An error has occurred during the installation of Mac OS X
Try to re-install

I also tried to install Mac OS X Lion in the original HDD and after replacing by a larger one and the same issue has happen.

I am getting very frustrated... Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• foto.JPG
    foto.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 195

musiccitymac

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2013
Mac OS X installation error

Shut down.

Unplug. Let sit for a few minutes or better yet, overnight.

Re plug in. Reboot. Try to install again.

One thing I've learned is that I should restart my Mac more often even though I very very rarely have issues.

Last edited:

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Boot into recovery, load utilities and launch disk utility. Erase and repartition the drive, and then reinstall. All should be well after that.

fsalvio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
Thank you all for the feedback but the problem persists.

I've erased and re-partitioned my drive before installing (hfs+ journaled). Then, tried to install ML using a 8Gb flash drive and nothing occurred.

I re-did the first step and tried to install Lion using a DVD and another time nothing happened.

I really don't what to do. I don't believe that my Mac OS X sources, both Lion and ML are corrupted because I arrive to install it in my iMac today.

More tips?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.