Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I accidently upgraded and now lost my ability to jailbreak. I did save the shsh blobs through tiny umbrella?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Because blobs don't work (yet) on 6.x firmware for A5+ devices such as the IP5.

The devs have to develop a different way to downgrade, apple closed the last method used on 5.x

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Shouldn't you been asking all these questions and researching before you "accidentally" updated to 6.1.3?
Now its too late.

"accidentally" updating is hard as evasi0n prevents an OTA, it needs to be an active iTunes update, that means clicking more than once….

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
"accidentally" updating is hard as evasi0n prevents an OTA, it needs to be an active iTunes update, that means clicking more than once….

what about downgrade to ios 5 from ios 6.1.3 then going over to 6.1.2?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
what about downgrade to ios 5 from ios 6.1.3 then going over to 6.1.2?

iPhone 4S nor iPhone 5 can be downgraded at all, blobs do not matter at this time. You are stuck on 6.1.3, you can only move up when the next update comes out.

There will likely not be another jailbreak coming out for iOS 6.x.x, so you will most likely have to wait until a jailbreak is out for iOS 7, which won't likely be till next winter.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013

Are you sure about this? I've seen this claim elsewhere as well, but my wife's jailbroken iPhone 5 (6.1.2) has the badge on her settings app which tells her to update, and the other day a banner popped up asking to do it.

She is up to date on changes from Cydia. I don't get this on my jailbroken iPhone 5, so I'm wondering if there are exceptions to the rule or something.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Are you sure about this? I've seen this claim elsewhere as well, but my wife's jailbroken iPhone 5 (6.1.2) has the badge on her settings app which tells her to update, and the other day a banner popped up asking to do it.

She is up to date on changes from Cydia. I don't get this on my jailbroken iPhone 5, so I'm wondering if there are exceptions to the rule or something.

Nope. Even if you tried to install the OTA update on your jb idevice it will just error out and nothing will happen.
You can only do a restore on iTunes to successfully go from jb iphone to stock 6.1.3

c0venant

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
evasi0n released an update that prevents the phone from showing any notifications/banners/badges asking you to upgrade the phone's OS. Open cydia, go to "manage" -> "packages" -> look for "evasi0n 6.0-6.1.2 Untether". You should have version 0.3-1 or later installed.

gvftrdew.jpg

Last edited:

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Can't downgrade from a IP5 which is on 6.x...

rats I should of never done this the only reason why I did something stupid is cause I was about to sell my iPhone (CDMA) and buy the unlocked model or ATT version full price so I can use it with t-mobile and get their HSPA or LTE and not be stuck with a CDMA phone which only allows EDGE network (some parts of Northern Virginia has 3G though but t-mobile says they don't support anything other then EDGE network on unlocked phones) if you want 4G (HSPA or LTE you must purchase on of their phones. So my question is if I did purchase the ATT full price or one of the unlocked phones will I even get 4G or will it be limited to EDGE and maybe if lucky 3G pending where I located at the time?

Or must I wait until the 12th for t-mobile's version which then I can't purchase until end of May due to credit limitations that t-mobile says I must wait until May then I can pay the $400 deposit with then the EIP plan or pay full price for the phone.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
rats I should of never done this the only reason why I did something stupid is cause I was about to sell my iPhone (CDMA) and buy the unlocked model or ATT version full price so I can use it with t-mobile and get their HSPA or LTE and not be stuck with a CDMA phone which only allows EDGE network (some parts of Northern Virginia has 3G though but t-mobile says they don't support anything other then EDGE network on unlocked phones) if you want 4G (HSPA or LTE you must purchase on of their phones. So my question is if I did purchase the ATT full price or one of the unlocked phones will I even get 4G or will it be limited to EDGE and maybe if lucky 3G pending where I located at the time?

Or must I wait until the 12th for t-mobile's version which then I can't purchase until end of May due to credit limitations that t-mobile says I must wait until May then I can pay the $400 deposit with then the EIP plan or pay full price for the phone.

to get the (factory unlocked or AT&T) iPhone that will work with T-Mobile's older 3G/4G (running on AWS bands), you will have to wait until April 12th and possibly have to order off of T-Mobile. There's a chance apple could still be selling the older iPhone 5 to get rid of stock (this might not be the case but it's always a possibility)

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
to get the (factory unlocked or AT&T) iPhone that will work with T-Mobile's older 3G/4G (running on AWS bands), you will have to wait until April 12th and possibly have to order off of T-Mobile. There's a chance apple could still be selling the older iPhone 5 to get rid of stock (this might not be the case but it's always a possibility)

someone off craiglist is willing to trade for my CDMA for their GSM ATT if I do this will I be able to get t-mobile's 4G (HSPA or LTE) or am I stuck with still EDGE and depending where I am 3G (but mostly EDGE)

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013

Commas are your friend. And yes, I'd wait til the 12th.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
someone off craiglist is willing to trade for my CDMA for their GSM ATT if I do this will I be able to get t-mobile's 4G (HSPA or LTE) or am I stuck with still EDGE and depending where I am 3G (but mostly EDGE)

The person most likely will have the older GSM iPhone so you'll still be stuck on edge if there is not 1900 MHz 3G or LTE where you are at

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

You will still be stuck with Edge.
You need to get the tmobile version or the one that's going to be sold after the 12th.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
The person most likely will have the older GSM iPhone so you'll still be stuck on edge if there is not 1900 MHz 3G or LTE where you are at

Rats but then I will have to wait until May cause they ran my credit too many times.

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
How does one "Accidently" upgrade? Dont you have to click yes to first initiate the download, and then another click to install?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.