Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 1, 2013, 09:04 PM   #1
dancequeen105
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
iPhone randomly deleted certain notes?

Today I noticed that my phone (iPhone 4) has deleted certain notes from the notes app. It seems to just be from the most recent ones that I've edited, but I haven't updated or changed anything on the phone at all recently. I have no idea what happened to them, but it seems to have deleted just the most important notes. There are still many left, but only ones edited before 3/16. I really need my notes back! Is there any way to find out what happened and undo it? I haven't backed up my phone in awhile, so I can't just restore from a backup or some of the newer notes will get deleted. I know that at least one of these notes has been in progress since 2009 so it would be on the backup, but it was recently edited so it is gone. Sorry this is so long, I am just wondering if anyone knows how I can get my notes back!
dancequeen105 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:01 PM   #2
dancequeen105
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Okay, so after some further research I found my notes in a folder in my Yahoo email account called notes. I can't see the folder from the Mail app on my phone, but if I'm on my computer it's there. I'm not really sure why this happened and I would prefer that the notes be on my phone, but I'm just happy that they still exist somewhere.
dancequeen105 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2013, 07:07 PM   #3
C DM
macrumors G4
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Have you tried to see if your Yahoo! notes are being synced with the phone (in the accounts section) and that you can get to the Yahoo! notes account in the Notes app on the phone?
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:26 AM   #4
omr
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Yes, as C DM suggests, it sounds like you're likely having an issue with syncing between iOS and yahoo.
Even iCloud syncing notes between different devices all using Notes and Apple OS's (OS X, iOS) can be buggy.
...and backup as often as possible
__________________
MBP 15" (6,2 mid 2010 +8 GB RAM +Samsung 830 SSD) iPad (3rd Gen) Verizon LTE iPhone 5 Verizon Airport Extreme (5th Gen) Apple TV (3rd Gen, early 2012)
omr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 08:56 AM   #5
Slcskigirl
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
I am also having the same thing happening with randomly deleted notes. In fact I had to restore from backup twice to get one of the notes (been working on it for a year and unfortunately my latest backup was a week ago and I made some major additions over the past week). The second restore I emailed myself the note in case it disappeared again and right after I emailed it, I watched it delete (along with a couple of others I added last week). I've seen a couple of other instances of this when I searched that have also happened in the past two weeks.
Slcskigirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 03:12 PM   #6
barkomatic
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manhattan
I've had issues with notes seemingly randomly disappearing from my iPhone as well. It's quite frustrating and I assume its a syncing issue.
barkomatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2013, 04:59 PM   #7
Moresby
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
The same thing happened to my wife and I , our may notes vanished. We hadn't sync'd backed up or anything. I thought this had happened before but wasn't 100% , now I know I have not done anything /updated/applied patches /plugged into my computer etc they have literally just vanished. Makes me wonder if apple do sneaky updates.
Moresby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 04:52 AM   #8
spriggit
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I've now had two notes lost, I also have a yahoo account linked to notes but it wasn't there either. I found that for some reason it deleted my note after I had e-mailed my note to someone using my yahoo account on the Ipad?? Luckily it was still in my sent items and I was able to recover it. I never found the first note that went missing a long time ago but I wonder if it went the same way? Hope that helps someone
spriggit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:50 AM   #9
Paulark
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
I found the solution here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4960055?start=0&tstart=0

Last edited by Paulark; Apr 21, 2014 at 05:47 AM.
Paulark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2013, 02:02 AM   #10
aniversareirry
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Retrieval from the iPhone DataBase
If you have not been backup before deleted? No worries, the deleted files still can recover.
You should note something before you recover the files as below:
Some vital data likes Contacts, SMS, Notes, Call histories and more are stored in the dataBase. When you delete these files accidentally, those deleted feels are still stored in the dataBase. So you can recover those deleted files from iPhone database.

Step1: You can backup your iPhone and get the iPhone SQL Database off your iPhone.
Step2: You can find your iPhone Database in /Users/~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/, and analysis deleted records in SQL Database with some database tool.

More info:
How to Recover Deleted Notes from iPhone

Last edited by aniversareirry; Sep 3, 2014 at 01:42 AM.
aniversareirry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2013, 07:36 PM   #11
Jonytheblue
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulark View Post
Thank you for helpful link!
Jonytheblue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2014, 09:55 AM   #12
barkomatic
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manhattan
The easiest solution for me was to stop using the notes app. I use a third party app now and they don't vanish unexpectedly. I don't know why Apple has to make a simple note taking app so complicated.
barkomatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2014, 10:55 PM   #13
NezhaBou
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
I seemed to have accidentally deleted an important note on my iPhone, how can I retrieve it, via iCloud?
NezhaBou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2014, 01:19 AM   #14
Perkinswhiteyy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancequeen105 View Post
Today I noticed that my phone (iPhone 4) has deleted certain notes from the notes app. It seems to just be from the most recent ones that I've edited, but I haven't updated or changed anything on the phone at all recently. I have no idea what happened to them, but it seems to have deleted just the most important notes. There are still many left, but only ones edited before 3/16. I really need my notes back! Is there any way to find out what happened and undo it? I haven't backed up my phone in awhile, so I can't just restore from a backup or some of the newer notes will get deleted. I know that at least one of these notes has been in progress since 2009 so it would be on the backup, but it was recently edited so it is gone. Sorry this is so long, I am just wondering if anyone knows how I can get my notes back!
I have this problem too, did you fix this? Will you help me?
The next day I finally found a third party tool: iPhone Data Recovery, you can google it. This app help me recover deleted photos from iphone quickly. I think you can try it.

Last edited by Perkinswhiteyy; Aug 21, 2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: found a solution, want to share
Perkinswhiteyy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2014, 08:57 AM   #15
wallstreetfool
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New York City, NY
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NezhaBou View Post
I seemed to have accidentally deleted an important note on my iPhone, how can I retrieve it, via iCloud?
iCloud only syncs the notes created from (after) the point you Turned ON iCloud Sync on your iPhone/iPad. Any notes prior to that are not synced with iCloud, and thus if you delete them from your iOS Device, there is no chance of retrieving them.

Still, you can go to iCloud.com and see if you can find your deleted note there.

Hope this helps answer your question. Good Luck
__________________
App Developer - Entrepreneur - App Store Download
wallstreetfool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2014, 09:43 PM   #16
WK95
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetfool View Post
iCloud only syncs the notes created from (after) the point you Turned ON iCloud Sync on your iPhone/iPad. Any notes prior to that are not synced with iCloud, and thus if you delete them from your iOS Device, there is no chance of retrieving them.

Still, you can go to iCloud.com and see if you can find your deleted note there.

Hope this helps answer your question. Good Luck
i haven't create any notes before i log in and sync my iCloud in my new iPhone 5s,i also found out my notes in iCloud.com and my iPhone is same amount,which mean both of them only have notes haven't deleted,pls help me
WK95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2014, 01:33 AM   #17
Linadris
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniversareirry View Post
Retrieval from the iPhone DataBase
If you have not been backup before deleted? No worries, the deleted files still can recover.
You should note something before you recover the files as below:
Some vital data likes Contacts, SMS, Notes, Call histories and more are stored in the dataBase. When you delete these files accidentally, those deleted feels are still stored in the dataBase. So you can recover those deleted files from iPhone database.

Step1: You can backup your iPhone and get the iPhone SQL Database off your iPhone.
Step2: You can find your iPhone Database in /Users/~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/, and analysis deleted records in SQL Database with some database tool.

More info:
How to Recover Deleted Notes from iPhone
It is quite useful, I have recovered all my notes with this method, thanks a lot!
Linadris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2014, 04:26 AM   #18
WK95
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkinswhiteyy View Post
I have this problem too, did you fix this? Will you help me?
The next day I finally found a third party tool: iPhone Data Recovery, you can google it. This app help me recover deleted photos from iphone quickly. I think you can try it.
thanks for the line,i found an cracked version and i find all my notes back,thank you very much

macbook pro 15" mid 2012 i7 2.3GHz 4GB RAM Nvidia GT650M OS X10.9.1
iPhone 5S 16GB IOS7.1.1 jailbroken
WK95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deleted notes Sandragilbert iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Jul 22, 2013 11:52 AM
iPhone 5 notes randomly deleting? NickyLanzz iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 1 Jul 12, 2013 08:17 AM
Odd problem, notes.app adding notes randomly TimTheEnchanter iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Nov 29, 2012 02:47 PM
calendar notes alert doesn't ring randomly miraishak iPhone 0 Oct 23, 2012 09:17 AM
Notes randomly deleting notes. Broojo02 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Oct 9, 2012 12:48 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC