Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntegra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
Assuming I can jailbreak it?

I currently own ATV3, should I hold out for a jailbreak? (I know one is not imminent or guaranteed, I can wait)

I understand ATV2 is limited to 720p content. Any other drawbacks to ATV2?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If you're wanting to jailbreak an iOS based Apple TV, get an Apple TV 2 now before they go up in price even more. They may continue to go up in price because the Apple TV 3 may never be jailbroken.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Is also a weaker machine than an aTV 3
But no jb or talk of one for the aTV 3

$140 is cheap actually; they are going for around $200

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
pretty decent price. i got mine off ebay for $135 minus the remote (cost $10 from kijij seller). i just checked the seller i got it from (who was selling a large quantity of refurbs) back in december and his last price for it was raised to $189 :eek:

if i wasn't in the apple ecosystem, i'd consider the new roku as the atv2 is showing its age in terms of speed and performance.. but i needs my airplay and xbmc lol

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
$140.00 is really good. I scoured my craigslist ads daily and scored my last one for $100.00 and I would not sell my two ATV2's for any amount right now.

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
I traded my ATV3 for an ATV2 from a friend. It was a straight, even swap. Best deal I ever made, lol.

clockworkorange

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
pretty decent price. i got mine off ebay for $135 minus the remote (cost $10 from kijij seller). i just checked the seller i got it from (who was selling a large quantity of refurbs) back in december and his last price for it was raised to $189 :eek:

if i wasn't in the apple ecosystem, i'd consider the new roku as the atv2 is showing its age in terms of speed and performance.. but i needs my airplay and xbmc lol

If all you do is stream music or photos, the roku app lets you do that too

I have a roku 2 XD and I play my music through it, I wish they had a video option though :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.