Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 3, 2013, 03:27 AM   #1
vernod
macrumors newbie

Virus/Trojan

Hi,

I have an iMac running Mountain Lion OSX version 10.8.3. By mistake I clicked on a link in a fake facebook email and then clicked on a confirmation link in the website I got redirected to. My Mac did not ask me if I wanted to download a file, so not sure if a file was downloaded.

How can I be sure I did not download a trojan? I also downloaded ClamXav from the App Store and ran it and everything seems ok. Is it worthwhile keeping ClamXav?

Thx,
Vern
vernod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 03:33 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

If there is nothing in your default download folder, you have not downloaded anything, especially as ClamXav did not find anything.

Currently there are zero viruses affecting Mac OS X in public circulation, but there are other kinds of malware existing, that can infect your Mac.
To learn more about malware in Mac OS X and what steps can be taken to protect yourself, read the following F.A.Q.:
Mac Virus/Malware Info by GGJstudios
In the end, it was just a link, nothing more.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion