Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 3, 2013, 08:12 AM   #1
Fuzzy14
macrumors 65816

HMRC real time PAYE software (UK)

In the UK the HMRC are introducting a real-time reporting system for PAYE starting 6 April 2013.

Does anybody have any recomendation as to which software package to use?

Has anybody tried the HMRC Basic PAYE Tools free to use software? Is it good enough and easy for a dumb engineer like me to do it myself.

I'm a consultant engineer, my limited company only has one employee (me, and I'm very poorly paid ) and one director (me, who takes a dividend )
Old Apr 3, 2013, 08:22 AM   #2
cal6n
macrumors 68000

I seem to remember setting this up on a friend's Mac some time ago. I think it was all pretty straightforward with no surprises.
cal6n is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Fuzzy14
macrumors 65816

OK I'll give it a bash thanks. I'm just aware that once I pick a package I'm kinda stuck with it.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 07:25 AM   #4
sce
macrumors newbie

I'm in the same position, I'm a consultant and my limited company has two employees, myself and my wife.

My accountant has advised me that the HMRC software is not compatible with RTI filing.

I have been using Payroo www.payroo.com it is an online payroll system rather than a downloadable software and it is entirely free (there are some ads but they aren't conspicuous).

It does everything you need it to do including RTI filing.

I have a very basic understanding of PAYE, but was able to set up the two employees, run a monthly payroll and do the end of year returns with no difficulty.
sce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:31 AM   #5
Fuzzy14
macrumors 65816

Thank you very much I will check that out.

I forgot to add I don't employ an accountant I do it all myself (with guidance from the wife who is an accountant but in a different field).
Fuzzy14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:52 AM   #6
sce
macrumors newbie

My accountant does the bare minimum. I do all payroll stuff myself through payroo.
sce is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store