Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rev Stu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
I am sending my clients info by mail and am using window envelope...so I want to know how to set up A4 sheet to get address in correct place...any ideas ? thnx :confused:

Nov 28, 2010
located
I presume you talk about Pages from Apple and you have a problem using it? Have you tried any of its templates?

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the
MR_Edit_GoAdvanced_button.png
button below your message.

Rev Stu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
?

Yes it is apple pages and no I don't have any problem with the templates and using it..

I have looked thru the templates and it only talks about printing on the envelope which isn.t what i want...I want to put the address on the letters i'm sending so the address appears in the window of the envelopes when I insert the letter inside ? thnx :)

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Yes it is apple pages and no I don't have any problem with the templates and using it..

I have looked thru the templates and it only talks about printing on the envelope which isn.t what i want...I want to put the address on the letters i'm sending so the address appears in the window of the envelopes when I insert the letter inside ? thnx :)

I prefer to do this sort of thing myself by hand. If using mail merge, I put the fields on a certain spot, run the merge but only print one page. I then fold it and see if the information shows through the correct spot. If it does not, I go back and edit the original document and move things around using {return} and {tab} to get stuff where I want it on the page. Once I have it all working properly, I re-run the mail merge then print out the dozens of letters.

I will illustrate using my wayback machine's infamous reveal codes mode:
Code:
{return}
{return}
{return}
{return}
{tab}{tab}John Appleseed{return}
{tab}{tab}123 Some Street{return}
{tab}{tab}Beverly Hills, CA 90210{return}
{return}
{return}
{return}
Dear John,{return}
{return}
It is obvious you never intend to pay your past due balance to the jelly of {return}
the month club. For this reason we are dispatching a nuclear strike by our {return}
North Korea division.  Too bad you didn't pay when you had a chance!{return}
{return}
Have a nice day,{return}
{return}
Some Jerk{return}
Jelly of the Month Club Collections Department{return}
{new page}
It's been years since I did this but I prefer the manual method. If the manual method doesn't appeal to you, sometimes you can get MS Word templates for the envelopes you are using from the envelope manufacturer's web site. You might be able to open the template in either Pages or in LibreOffice Writer.

tzus

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2008
UK
I use windowed envelopes on a regular basis. I have created a letter template with a Text Box positioned exactly where the Addressee can be viewed through the envelope window.

See below:

46cb3bbc-460d-4172-a71a-8d9e1dded93a.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.