Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
I am so excited and happy to show off my new quad core i7, 27 inch Imac with built in VESA Mount....I mounted it using a flat wall mount bought on amazon.... It gave such a stylish and professional appearance to my desk i cannot believe it....not a single wire is visible upfront and all of them were run thru the wall behind my imac....as for performance, there is no match for the iMac.....i will be spending lots and lots of time in front of this beauty....:):):):):)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 567
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    626.5 KB · Views: 421

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
it looks great. the nice thing about the vesa mount is you can almost guarantee that someone will make a imac "foot" that connects to the vesa mount eventually. so you will get the best of both worlds. I wanted the vesa mount really bad but I was not willing to wait for it. I wanted to walk out with my machine that day so no vesa for me. I am really happy with the machine anyway though so I guess i wouldnt change it even if i could.

screens always looks so neat and tidy when people run the wires through the wall like you should.

cit1

Suspended
Jun 11, 2009
Wow that looks nice! What did you do with the power cord coming out the wall closer to the ground? Also has anyone done anything with a USB plate?

That would be cool to have a plate with 2-3 USB ports on the wall that you could plug your phone/printer into

nuno1959

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
hi eyeapple

& congrats on your new baby !!

it does look very neat but then again........i AM an old time fan of the "wall/desk arm mount" way of life ! :)

check it out :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13706825@N03/8199659786/sizes/h/in/set-72157632049137806/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13706825@N03/8198567207/sizes/h/in/set-72157632049137806/

both my 27'' & my Cintiq are mounted on Ergotron arms & after using these for years i doubt i could go back to a basic, standard stand !!
this way offers SO MUCH MORE flexibility in everyday use !...
however my walls being masonry, i decided to live with a small bundle of cables, tied as neatly as possible on the back rather than have masons cut a groove on my wall

yup, life can be full of hardships sometimes !! ;-)

cheers

Nuno

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.