Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 5, 2013, 01:11 AM   #1
NewMacHead
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 Ear Piece Speaker

So I got my iPhone 5 about a month ago and it has been working fine up until tonight. I was trying to call someone and I could not hear them on the other end. I continued to try until I finally turned speaker phone on and I could hear them. It was very strange that my ear piece speaker wasn't working considering I have not dropped the phone, spilled anything on it, etc. I did some research and found several threads and other sources about this problem. Problem being: none of these options worked (plugging headphones in and out, cleaning the jack, restarting music with headphones plugged in and paused it then pulled them out). I suspect there is a disconnect with the speaker because when I press the phone hard to my ear, the speaker will crackle to life! Is it worth trying to find an at-home fix or should I just take it to Apple or Verizon and have them replace it?
NewMacHead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2013, 11:31 AM   #2
M-5
macrumors 6502a

I think you should just take it to Apple for a replacement instead of trying to fix it yourself and risk causing further damage that may void any warranty you might have.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone