Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
I do not think it is t-mobile version per se, it is just unlocked iPhone 5 with t-mobile compatible frequencies.

there is no mention of t-mobile so far in the apple website (same applies to all the other regional carriers) they are on their own (i meant t-mobile and regional carriers).

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
I do not think it is t-mobile version per se, it is just unlocked iPhone 5 with t-mobile compatible frequencies.

there is no mention of t-mobile so far in the apple website (same applies to all the other regional carriers) they are on their own (i meant t-mobile and regional carriers).

I'm still fuzzy on this too. Right now if you want to go to apple and get a T-Mo compatible iphone you get a MD293LL/A device. If you go there next week will they give you an A1428 if you tell them you want to use it on T-Mobile?

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Just go to a T-Mobile store and save $70. Why spend $649 @ Apple when you can get it for $579 directly from T-Mobile. Then you can be sure that you get the right version.

mossme89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
Just go to a T-Mobile store and save $70. Why spend $649 @ Apple when you can get it for $579 directly from T-Mobile. Then you can be sure that you get the right version.

I think you have to pay for 1 month of service if you get it at T-Mobile.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Interesting.
So you cant buy it full price with no service at that price?

I think that's kind of the lingering question that no one really has an answer to yet. Makes sense that you'd have to sign up for a new plan or something because then they would just have a bunch of people lined up to get one there and use it on AT&T or something.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
I think that's kind of the lingering question that no one really has an answer to yet. Makes sense that you'd have to sign up for a new plan or something because then they would just have a bunch of people lined up to get one there and use it on AT&T or something.

talked to CSR, you can't.
the $579 price is for the simple choice plan.

you'll probably ending paying the same (if not more) than the apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.