Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nele985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
As I said, those apps are not working: calendar, safari, mail, maps, what happened after updating to iOS 6.1.3. The device is an iPhone 3GS which was wearing a version of IOS 5.0.1 (I think...). I took it to a service to updated to 6.1.2 and jerk updated it to 6.1.3, after that those applications not working. Has someone had experience with this problem? How can I solve this problem?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
As I said, those apps are not working: calendar, safari, mail, maps, what happened after updating to iOS 6.1.3. The device is an iPhone 3GS which was wearing a version of IOS 5.0.1 (I think...). I took it to a service to updated to 6.1.2 and jerk updated it to 6.1.3, after that those applications not working. Has someone had experience with this problem? How can I solve this problem?

What does this mean?

You can only update to the latest revision, 6.1.3 is the latest.

Nele985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
What does this mean?

You can only update to the latest revision, 6.1.3 is the latest.

Guy said that he put 6.1.2 version and phone fell into DFU Mode, after which he put 6.1.3 . Can I do anything to go back to 6.1.2? (device had saved SHSH blobs 4.something, 5.0.1 and 6.1.2)

iPhone is know almost useless...

midnightMachine

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
Can I do anything to go back to 6.1.2?

No, you can't Apple will only allow updates to the latest version of iOS that is compatible with your device.

And I'm with the other person who responded to you..what do you mean you "took it to a service" to get it updated.

If apps aren't working, I'd suggest using iTunes to restore the phone and hope that whatever unauthorized service you trusted your phone to didn't brick your phone. I wish you luck, but unless I'm very mistaken about what "took it to a service" means, I'm having a hard time having any sympathy.

Nele985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2013
I meant to say that I took device to repairman to upgrade IOS on my iPhone.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Guy said that he put 6.1.2 version and phone fell into DFU Mode, after which he put 6.1.3 . Can I do anything to go back to 6.1.2? (device had saved SHSH blobs 4.something, 5.0.1 and 6.1.2)

iPhone is know almost useless...

You might not be able to go back to 6.1.2 but there might be a chance for 5.1.1. Download the latest version of iFaith and click show available caches on server. Save them and iOS 6 shsh blobs are most likely invalid; it should say your other shsh blobs are valid though

What shsh blobs do you have? Do you have valid 5.1.1 shsh blobs? How about 6.1.2?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Did he possibly put a Redsn0w tethered jailbreak on your phone ?
Without doing a Just Boot tethered, that could explain the apps crashing.

Last edited:

ruiny

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2013
i have the same problems here, updated to ios 6.1.3 and those apps not working on my 3gs.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I have a "new bootrom" 3GS. It was jailbroken with 6.1.2 and I had the SHSH blobs saved. I decided to get it unlocked, via AT&T/Apple, for a trip and to do that had to restore the phone to 6.1.3. Subsequently, I have downgraded it back to 6.1.2 successfully, using a few different software tools, and re-jailbroken it.

Bhughes

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2013
Sounds like you had a "repairman" update you to 6.1.3 and then added a semi tethered jailbreak using redsnow.

download the newest version of redsnow.

download ios 6.0 for your device. (NOT 6.1.3)

Open redsnow,
Click 'extras'
Click 'select .IPSW'
Choose the downloaded 6.0 .IPSW (a box will appear letting you now that software will be used for the rest of the session)
Click 'Just Boot'
Follow directions on the screen and you will soon be back in business.

princeyuri80

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2013
Sounds like you had a "repairman" update you to 6.1.3 and then added a semi tethered jailbreak using redsnow.

download the newest version of redsnow.

download ios 6.0 for your device. (NOT 6.1.3)

Open redsnow,
Click 'extras'
Click 'select .IPSW'
Choose the downloaded 6.0 .IPSW (a box will appear letting you now that software will be used for the rest of the session)
Click 'Just Boot'
Follow directions on the screen and you will soon be back in business.

Kudos to you!! I had to make an account just to say thank you! This method works perfectly, my calendar, safari, maps and other are working now!! Thank you so much:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.