Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

typeadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2010
Question about the Hot Corners in Mountain Lion vs. Snow Leopard.

In SL I had the ability to move my mouse to the upper-right corner and the monitor would shut off.
Then when I moved the mouse or hit a key the monitor would turn back on.
This was great!
In addition I was able to display the little 'padlock' icon on my menu bar. Upon clicking it, I was able to select something from the menu that popped up (forgot what the option was called) and once again, the monitor would shut off but IN ADDITION, the system would lock! So when I moved the mouse or hit a key, the monitor would turn on but now I was prompted for a password. This was great too!

In ML, I haven't been able to figure this out yet. When I hit a Hot Corner, the screen will turn off and ALWAYS requires a password. This can sometimes get annoying especially if I'm by my system and doing something else but need to get back on the system, etc.

Is there a way to enable Hot Corners on ML WITHOUT a PW prompt upon turning the monitor on?
And have it ask for the PW ONLY when I lock the machine using the padlock?

Thanks!

typeadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2010
Keychain Access > Preferences > check the box that says show keychain status in menu bar

Is that what you're looking for?

Didn't get notified about this reply. I'm at work now, but will check when I get home tonight. Though I don't think it's entirely what I need. But I'll check. Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.