Growl vs Notification Center - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1
LeandrodaFL
macrumors 6502a

Growl vs Notification Center

I'm about to get a new MacMini, I am used to using Growl, but I heard it doesnt play well with Mountain Lion's Notificatio Center. I may no install it if Notification Center is all I need. I only need notification on:

-Clipgrab downlaods completed
-Firefox donwloads completed

Does Notification Center give me a nice pop-up animation baloon?
LeandrodaFL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:40 AM   #2
steve knight
macrumors 65816

works fine. though I don't use it for mail as I don't think there is a plugin for it.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:48 PM   #3
kamuix
macrumors regular

I use both notification center and growl. I have notifications for all the mac apps that I have like mail. It's set to show a quick banner pop up for new emails, reminders, calendars, and so on. I use growl for most of the third party apps that I use like adium, skype, bowtie, and so forth. If you use apps that can make use of notification center, it will.
For the firefox downloads complete and clipgrab, there doesn't seem to be any notifications plugins for it to display completed downloads. I only see options for growl. Hence why I use both growl and notification center.
kamuix is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion