Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
I'm in the market for a 27" display to replace one of two 24" displays that are ageing and lack any form of decent color control.

I've seen/heard in the past that there are a number of 27" displays using the same, or very similar panel to the Apple 27" iMac/Thunderbolt/Cinema display.

IIRC Dell does one, but am not too sure if that's 100% correct, and if so the model number. Are there any others out there using this panel?

Alternatively, if there are other displays (preferably a fair bit cheaper than Apple's) with as good as, or better quality (in terms of color, reliability, etc) then are there any you would recommend?

Many thanks

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
I'm in the market for a 27" display to replace one of two 24" displays that are ageing and lack any form of decent color control.

I've seen/heard in the past that there are a number of 27" displays using the same, or very similar panel to the Apple 27" iMac/Thunderbolt/Cinema display.

IIRC Dell does one, but am not too sure if that's 100% correct, and if so the model number. Are there any others out there using this panel?

Alternatively, if there are other displays (preferably a fair bit cheaper than Apple's) with as good as, or better quality (in terms of color, reliability, etc) then are there any you would recommend?

Many thanks

I remember confirming the Dell 27" LG a few years ago, but not certain about the new versions.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
I had a quick look and it seems as though it was probably the 'Dell U2711' however it's no longer officially sold by Dell. Still showing up on Amazon but at a pretty high price.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
keep in mind the same panel doesn't mean the same "grade" theres many south korean companies that use the same panel but not A+ grade. i think monoprice uses them now too

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
Please visit
http://tftcentral.co.uk/

before you buy a new display. Thanks!

;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.