Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldguru

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
iPhoto is too heavy for me, I have uninstalled it.

Anything similar like ACDSee etc tool, without create its own lib, can browse tens of thousands photo in different folder?

Nov 28, 2010
located
You can set iPhoto to not copy the photos to its own library, thus leave the photos where they are but still have the advantage of sorting them into Events.

Anyway, Xee is a good alternative, found via "mac photo viewer" and that fabulous www search engine.

dudu307

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Photomechanic is great but expensive. If you use Photoshop, the included Bridge is fine.

oldguru

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
You can set iPhoto to not copy the photos to its own library, thus leave the photos where they are but still have the advantage of sorting them into Events.

Anyway, Xee is a good alternative, found via "mac photo viewer" and that fabulous www search engine.

Tried Xee, good enough for 95% of my usage.

----------

Photomechanic is great but expensive. If you use Photoshop, the included Bridge is fine.

Thanks for suggestion, I am very lightly using photo, no experience on PhotoShop. I only need to browse and basic editing (mirror, rotate), that's all !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.